Possible E85 conversion

pixlix

Established Member
So im almost done fixing my car from the wreck and i just sold my set of bogarts and am tossing around the idea of converting to E85, My car has a stock longblock with a 2.8H Longtubes and the usual bolt ons, as far as fuel I have a fore hat with Gt pumps, MDM Jr and 63lbs injectors, If I replace my 63s with 80s, add a boost a pump and the letal 8an fragola line kit will i be able to safely run 22 to 23psi? If I have to change to a triple set up or go returnless ill just leave it alone and proceed with 93 but if ill be fine and safe with the mentioned parts ill go thru with the E85

Also if E 85 is possible, I recently purchased a 4Lbs lower kit, would i benefit alot from installing with my 2.8H and E85 or should I just change out the top pulley and sell the lowerkit to buy a boost a pump or the fuel lines

Would like to know what you guys think, thanks

TRQJUNKIE

Justa Slobra
Established Member
Hey bud, I have about the same fuel setup as you, see my sig. I would upgrade the lines, injectors (80's), and get the BAP. I'd also install that lower pulley setup so you dont have to ever worry about belt slip.

I will be running 22psi with E85 and im looking for over 700 to the tires. There are guys already running the setup that your thinking about with no issues. I wouldn't worry about the trip pump system unless you plan on big power down the road IMO.

Last edited:

venumb

Local chump
Established Member
I thought stock fuel lines were fine with E-85? That is what I am running.
Are the stock fuel lines a restriction?
Don't bash me too hard, I'm going to do some research now.

TRQJUNKIE

Justa Slobra
Established Member
Im not sure on the power limit of the stock lines but upgrading definitely gives you more to work with, especially since E85 takes more fuel to run. Also, its an easy install.

Users who are viewing this thread