Positive displacement blower that is intercooled.

mlackke

Established Member
its not that it doesnt fit its that most decided they couldn't fit the appropriate sized core to control temps beyond a certain boost level
I dont believe this, there is no really physical differences between b-headed engine compared c-headed engine which would prevent making same size intake manifold what termis have currently.

No im saying id purchase if it were around the 3k range.
If u leave sc out from kit, then 3k would be realistic.

nomoretickets

Established Member
Actually it can fit as already proven few ppl DYI solutions, so reason is somewhere else

its not that it doesnt fit its that most decided they couldn't fit the appropriate sized core to control temps beyond a certain boost level

Yep, like I said. Doesnt fit. Fitting a half baked non-functional solution is the same as not fitting at all. It doesnt matter if you can stick a few fins in the valley if they arent able to actually cool the charge.

nomoretickets

Established Member
I dont believe this, there is no really physical differences between b-headed engine compared c-headed engine which would prevent making same size intake manifold what termis have currently.

If u leave sc out from kit, then 3k would be realistic.

Go tell that to Kenne Bell then

mlackke

Established Member
Go tell that to Kenne Bell then
Well my opinion/guess reason is with sales, when creating manifold to model which is only produced 40k and does not fit any other car, you might lower the risk of potential sales by making it cheap, ..eg leaving IC out of it.

But yes I have done quite much of research creating the manifold with ic for 96-98. Problem is that it ain't cheap, just the aluminum block so big where to CNC-machine manifold costs 1000$ :(

mysteed

Established Member
Coming from personal experience in developing the M112 kit for the 99-04 V6 Mustangs there is virtually no room to put an intercooler in the valley of the 4v with B heads.

wildman97

Established Member
There is a guy that runs a Facebook page called Petey's Place that is building one. I'm eager to see how it works for him, I believe he plans on taking a few orders at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread