Posi Port Eaton Identification

carguy96

Established Member
So I am trying to purchase a POSI Ported Eaton off of someone, but two red flags went up.
1) I saw a photo of the plenum and it doesn’t look Ported. Weren’t all the plenums from POSI ported?
2) I’m not familiar with the way the POSI stamp/etching looks. Can someone verify if this is legitimate or not with the photos?

Supposedly the blower is still on the car so I can’t see the actual port for the blower under the rotors. Just trying to not to scammed.
If this is the wrong section to post in, can someone redirect me where I should post this?

Attachments

• 601FA9D9-1BFD-4ADD-B7DB-6AF917C2AC18.jpeg
    601FA9D9-1BFD-4ADD-B7DB-6AF917C2AC18.jpeg
    93.1 KB · Views: 298
  • 4AFE2938-7E7F-45D2-A005-8F81939D0ED0.jpeg
    4AFE2938-7E7F-45D2-A005-8F81939D0ED0.jpeg
    217.7 KB · Views: 328
  • F33A984F-C2B4-4AEA-8361-063E7E3D7D7B.jpeg
    F33A984F-C2B4-4AEA-8361-063E7E3D7D7B.jpeg
    33.6 KB · Views: 310
  • 85A83F87-DAC1-46E6-B057-3036A31BD7D7.jpeg
    85A83F87-DAC1-46E6-B057-3036A31BD7D7.jpeg
    159.3 KB · Views: 318

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
That's definitely a posi blower and that TB is ported. There should be a serial # on the other side of the front of the blower and they usually wrote the name of who originally bought the blower on the underside with what looked to be a sharpie.

carguy96

Established Member
That's definitely a posi blower and that TB is ported. There should be a serial # on the other side of the front of the blower and they usually wrote the name of who originally bought the blower on the underside with what looked to be a sharpie.

Thanks for the input. The owner of the blower has not sent me any more photos upon request of the serial number on the blower, or a better photo of the plenum. I am sure it is legitimate though.
Regardless, I have a friend who is going to sell me his Whipple so I think I am just going to go that route.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Thanks for the input. The owner of the blower has not sent me any more photos upon request of the serial number on the blower, or a better photo of the plenum. I am sure it is legitimate though.
Regardless, I have a friend who is going to sell me his Whipple so I think I am just going to go that route.

You’re much better off skipping the ported blower, it’s a waste of time and money honestly. You’ll be much happier you went with a twin screw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

carguy96

Established Member
You’re much better off skipping the ported blower, it’s a waste of time and money honestly. You’ll be much happier you went with a twin screw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I agree. Now I just need to gather some additional items and see if my current JLT CAI will work or not. Think I need to get a RAI or high boost JLT to prevent any issues?

Soap

Established Member
I agree. Now I just need to gather some additional items and see if my current JLT CAI will work or not. Think I need to get a RAI or high boost JLT to prevent any issues?

Depends if you are just trying to have fun or push the limits and max a setup out.

--Joe

carguy96

Established Member
Depends if you are just trying to have fun or push the limits and max a setup out.

--Joe

Well I will not be able to run E85 until next year when I have the money for a full return style fuel system (I have a BAP and 60lb injectors currently), so for now I am looking to make about 16-18psi of boost.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Enjoy the whipple it will make more power. The cool thing about the posi ports were how great they screamed at WOT

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
Enjoy the whipple it will make more power. The cool thing about the posi ports were how great they screamed at WOT

My old Posi setup made 552/575 on e85. Saw 132 in the 1/4 numerous times. Definitely would have pissed off some of the 2.3 guys on 93. Having said all of that, I'd go bigger blower on e85 and skip the ported blower if you plan on a return fuel system and making some steam.

carguy96

Established Member
My old Posi setup made 552/575 on e85. Saw 132 in the 1/4 numerous times. Definitely would have pissed off some of the 2.3 guys on 93. Having said all of that, I'd go bigger blower on e85 and skip the ported blower if you plan on a return fuel system and making some steam.

Hopefully in the next year I will be able to have my return style fuel system, as I am not a huge fan of just running a BAP.
For now, it's nice to be able to make those numbers on 93 on a Whipple because I am not too close to a station that sells E85, but when I can get access to E85 I will be able to run bigger numbers and have a more efficient blower.

carguy96

Established Member
Plan ahead if you don't want to yank the Whipple again later. Do rails now.

Am I able to run larger rails only using my 60lb injectors and the BAP? I want to know I will have enough fuel pressure.
What rails would you recommend?

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Am I able to run larger rails only using my 60lb injectors and the BAP? I want to know I will have enough fuel pressure.

Yes you can. You'll have plenty of pressure I'm sure. I actually believe having bigger rails helps things. I look at it as the aftermarket rails have a larger inner diameter which allows for more of a "reserve" for the injectors.

I believe most run Fore rails.

carguy96

Established Member
Yes you can. You'll have plenty of pressure I'm sure. I actually believe having bigger rails helps things. I look at it as the aftermarket rails have a larger inner diameter which allows for more of a "reserve" for the injectors.

I believe most run Fore rails.

The only issue I seem to come across is that I will have to take it all off again anyway to upgrade the injectors when I switch to E85 (don't think I can run ID1000s with my current setup). Blower will have to come off again anyway it seems... sigh.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
The only issue I seem to come across is that I will have to take it all off again anyway to upgrade the injectors when I switch to E85 (don't think I can run ID1000s with my current setup). Blower will have to come off again anyway it seems... sigh.

If your tuner is any good they should be able to tune for the ID's with your current set up. Part throttle is the same whether you have a stock eaton or a Whipple 3.4. You'll just have lots of room with injectors in your current set up. Like when I ran my big bore stroker N/A for a bit. I kept my big fuel system in place and had no problems.

carguy96

Established Member
If your tuner is any good they should be able to tune for the ID's with your current set up. Part throttle is the same whether you have a stock eaton or a Whipple 3.4. You'll just have lots of room with injectors in your current set up. Like when I ran my big bore stroker N/A for a bit. I kept my big fuel system in place and had no problems.

So even with the stock pumps/BAP combo and stock fuel lines going to the rails, there would be enough pressure to run the Fore fuel rails and ID1000s?
I will double check with my tuner then later this afternoon if possible because I might be able to get a deal on the rails and injectors from someone.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
So even with the stock pumps/BAP combo and stock fuel lines going to the rails, there would be enough pressure to run the Fore fuel rails and ID1000s?
I will double check with my tuner then later this afternoon if possible because I might be able to get a deal on the rails and injectors from someone.

Yep. I ran the 80's with twin GT pumps and stock lines/rails. It's all about what the engine needs.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member

I ran the division x rails when I had a 2.3 TVS, but I had to modify the inlet elbow on the bottom side of it to clear the rails. The part that needed "adjusted" wasnt visible once it was all together anyway. The drivers side rail was nice and tight with the boost bypass being basically on the rail. I didnt have to modify anything over there though.
I am not sure what rails I will run in the future though. I may try the fore rails to see how they fit compared to the DX rails.

Users who are viewing this thread