POS SCT Tuner is wiped during update and didnt take, now car is inop. Need Help!

LDC2335

Established Member
Followed all instructions for updating device firmware on my Xcal/SF3, which I only did becaue a newer version was required to datalog. When the 4 hour, 2900 hundred file update was finished, it said it failed. So now my device is wiped clean/formatted with NO firmware/serial number etc loaded on it. So it wont recognize it to try the update again. I'm f'd.

Can had to be returned to stock for the update, so not I cant drive the damn thing and it's my daily. I swear I can f'n win with this car..

SCT no longer has manual firmware files on their site, does anyone happen to have one for the SF3, part number 3015? Not sure it that will even work.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Contact SCT directly. They should be able to provide you the correct firmware and get you going. They have excellent customer service, in my experience.

LDC2335

Established Member
^^ It's actually the device firmware, not just the tune.

Thanks Tabres, that's what I'll do. I found an old firmware file from way back when I got the thing and was able to get it loaded and powered on. Still no luck on updating it so I can data log though.

Hopefully you're right and their customer service is better than their computer software.

LDC2335

Established Member
Two separate calls to them and it's still not 100%. They blamed my Internet connection, so I switched to my mobile hotspot and it still wouldn't download/flash.

They managed to get a half ass firmware flashed, so I am able to put my tune on my car. But It has no strategy tunes and Ican't data log, it freezes up.

Bottom line. Don't update if you don't have to.

Users who are viewing this thread