POS GTR takes a crap at a track....priceless.

Hmbre97

Eaton powered
Established Member
The secret to the GT-R trans. This is high tech people; never before used in a production car (or tested as it seems).

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLDgQg6bq7o]YouTube - Turbo Encabulator[/ame]

25psi

Established Member
:bs:

Yeah, I looked at a couple murcielagos last week, but they only had 2 in black. I wanted 3. So I didn't buy... :rollseyes

A GTR is more feasible to purchase than a Lambo. They wanted 97k for one and I informed them that two other dealerships in Houston where selling them at MSRP, but did not have any until next month(which would have been this month)

cj3113

King of Controversy
Established Member
I can't believe nobody quoted this..

According to the driver, it sounded like a “bunch of metal dominoes in a line and Tiger Woods came by and hit them with his driver.”

sprx19

Established Member
Evo's don't break transmissions and many of them have run well into the 9's on the stock gears. Throw your awd theory out the window because a 1.5 sixty is a 1.5 sixty no matter how you slice it. A Cobra with slicks is doing it with only TWO wheels not FOUR. Get that, power divided between two wheels instead of should break easier.

I actually think the cars would be cool without the glass transmissions. Put a real drivetrain in the car and then it would be complete.

25psi

Established Member
Evo's don't break transmissions and many of them have run well into the 9's on the stock gears. Throw your awd theory out the window because a 1.5 sixty is a 1.5 sixty no matter how you slice it. A Cobra with slicks is doing it with only TWO wheels not FOUR. Get that, power divided between two wheels instead of should break easier.

I actually think the cars would be cool without the glass transmissions. Put a real drivetrain in the car and then it would be complete.

Evo's do not break transmissions? LOL! Are you serious. Do a search.

25psi

Established Member
Goodnite yall. I'll respond to your comments tomorrow :beer:

If you people decide to go racing before Christmas, be safe Happy Holidays!

Last edited:

25psi

Established Member
admit it 25psi, this car is the definition of FAIL

Damn someone replied before I logged off.

Listen, do I think this car has some quarks(sp). Of course! What first year car doesn't. I still say its a remarkable value for the price and performance. Is it a better value than Z06, I'm not sure. But the people who own both cars say it is.

25psi

Established Member
Should I be ashamed to admit that I live in the same city as 25psi? LMAO

Hell, we probably have met and race before. I'm not like this in person. You can ask the people that I hang out with on this forum. They know I like to stir the pot, especially with the ones who can't take sarcasm. I'll be at FoxnHound on 249 this week. Feel free to come. There might be a couple of Cobra owners up there.

Blade Runner

Texas; We'll kick ur ass!
Established Member
Hell, we probably have met and race before. I'm not like this in person. You can ask the people that I hang out with on this forum. They know I like to stir the pot, especially with the ones who can't take sarcasm. I'll be at FoxnHound on 249 this week. Feel free to come. There might be a couple of Cobra owners up there.

Met, MAYBE....Race? I think not. I don't race. Hell, my car ain't fast enough to beat anything 'cept mebbe a d16 Civic.......:D:burnout:

DopeStang

Established Member
10.5 is pretty impressive in my opinion, you gotta pay to play, mabye some of the trannys that were made are just flukes, and he got a good one. if they make stronger gears put em in and go faster! im sure in time the price of parts will go down, after all is it a relatively new car on the market and the aftermarket needs time to r&r some parts for these cars.

Oman_cobra

Established Member
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

pathetic, even when the fanboys thought of their dream car did an impressive run @ track, it died !!!

Carlos Ghosn should solve these problems ASAP

02 Z06

Squeze me please me
Established Member
So this car has over 600hp and over 100+ launch control usage(with drag radials) and you people consider this shitty? Typical redneck ideology!

Put some slicks on your car and launch it at 4500 rpm over 100 times and see what breaks.

Funny i never trashed my trans or glass rear.:shrug:

fiveo'cobra

Established Member
Some of you guys are making an elephant out of a fly. This car was a test mule for this Samurai racing team or whatever they're called. They openly stated that they were going to see how fast they could go with a 100% stock trans. If it didn't break at 10.5, it would have broken sometime or another since they would have kept going faster and faster.

This is the first time a production street car has used a rear mounted dual clutch system. That is race car (road race) technology for those of you who don't know. It works incredibly well around a track and that is what its designed for. Race cars with this kind of setup aren't meant to be launched over and over from a standstill.......that is how you break shit plain and simple. This is a brand new arena for everybody so it will take a while before the weak points in the transmission are analyzed and the right countermeasures are available. I don't know of any terminators with a completely stock drivetrain that have survived 100+ launches on drag radials running 10.5. Something will break. Those of you saying the GTR trans is crap because a GT500 can do 10's on a T56 are beyond retarded. If you even had an elementary understanding of the engineering required in a trans setup like the GTR, not to mention its revolutionary awd system, you'd shit your pants. It is the first production car of its kind. Give it some props for running a friggin 10.5 on stock parts.

Not to mention that you can count the number of documented trans failures on stock GTRs on one hand. There are dozens of japanese and american tuners that have had zero trans problems with modded 600hp cars using them as test beds for parts development. I agree that Nissan screwed up with the LC warranty issue. They are fixing that for future models. But its like one GTR trans fails and the entire domestic community goes apeshit. You guys are worse than a sowing circle.

Users who are viewing this thread