Ported Vs Other Blowers

venomboysvt

Established Member
Hey guys,

I'm getting mixed reviews from a lot of people about ported Eaton blowers. Just seeing a real option if on a budget etc. Is ported Eaton worth it? is the new stage 7/8 have good real results? or would lets say Whipple/KB/TVS be worth just saving for. Sorry been out of the game for a bit, just returned to the Cobra camp.

Last edited:

b_dike

Established Member
I'm sure a lot of guys on here are just going to tell you to save up for a ts. Which is good advice for those who'll be seeking more and more power.

However a upper/lower ported Eaton, on e85 and spray will be a complete beast too. The kicker is, you'll only be spending a couple grand more for a ts setup.

As for the port stages, it's all bs. They're all basically the same and make the same #'s.

cj428mach

Established Member
I say go TS.

I originally started out by installing my whipple at 13 psi and ran it like that for a while. It wasn't long before I kept upping the boost until I hit 17psi and fuel held me back. I then went to e85 at 17psi and gradually worked my way up to 21psi and now I'm out of pulleys lol.

I know if I had gone ported blower I would have been tired of it in no time and just upgrading again later.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I'm not even going to bother with porting the eaton. I know I want a TS. And everyone I know either wants a TS or already has one.

ViciousJay

Established Member
As soon as I get another cobra Ill home port mine and do and upper and lower and spray it on e85. Nothing is better then doing your own mods and kicking people butts :D

b_dike

Established Member
As soon as I get another cobra Ill home port mine and do and upper and lower and spray it on e85. Nothing is better then doing your own mods and kicking people butts :D

I'll be taking the same approach. Minus the home port. I'll leave that to the pro's.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm not even going to bother with porting the eaton. I know I want a TS. And everyone I know either wants a TS or already has one.

THIS. The shop I go to told me not to waste my time or money on a ported eaton. Because I'll eventually want more power anyways. Save up your money and get a bigger blower.

Rambro

Established Member
If you go twin screw you might as well do an E85 fuel system too as a TS on pump gas will get old just as quick as a ported eaton. While you're at it you might as well skip the smaller twin screws as well because when you make 650 rear wheel you'll want 700. Then you'll get tired of the big twin screws and want to go turbo. Then after the turbo starts to feel slow you will buy a boss intake 5.0, and only then will you feel content.

b_dike

Established Member
If you go twin screw you might as well do an E85 fuel system too as a TS on pump gas will get old just as quick as a ported eaton. While you're at it you might as well skip the smaller twin screws as well because when you make 650 rear wheel you'll want 700. Then you'll get tired of the big twin screws and want to go turbo. Then after the turbo starts to feel slow you will buy a boss intake 5.0, and only then will you feel content.

Lol... What happens when you get tired of the boss intake?
O wait never mind, boss intake 5.0's never lose...:shrug:

MalcolmV8

Established Member
For me a ported Eaton was money well spent. I didn't have the money for a twin screw at the time and the ported/pulley'd Eaton was a huge kick in power over the stock setup. It didn't require fuel pump upgrades or MAF or anything. I ran it for many years and enjoyed the hell out of it till I could afford a twin screw.

Obviously if you're pretty close to having the funds for a TS then don't bother with the Eaton porting but if you're a ways off it's good fun to fill the gap.

Rambro

Established Member
For me a ported Eaton was money well spent. I didn't have the money for a twin screw at the time and the ported/pulley'd Eaton was a huge kick in power over the stock setup. It didn't require fuel pump upgrades or MAF or anything. I ran it for many years and enjoyed the hell out of it till I could afford a twin screw.

Obviously if you're pretty close to having the funds for a TS then don't bother with the Eaton porting but if you're a ways off it's good fun to fill the gap.

Yeah, me being broke has a lot to do with me sticking with the eaton. But, I think a ported eaton with a 75 shot and possibly E85 will be a nice jump in power.

stangfreak

Established Member
A 75 shot on a ported eaton, especially with e85, will hurt a lot of feelings. eaton spray is just strong

stangfreak

Established Member
Oh hell yea. Spraying the eaton, the tq just goes crazy. And e85? Yes. Remember when venomous03cobra ran 10.30's with a ported eaton and a small shot. 60 shot. That was before e85. I was at the track rental that day and he did back to back runs no cool down nothing lol. Guy was awesome.

0-MYSTACHROME-4

Established Member
Just remember its Never enough and you will always want more. FYI, ported blower is bang for $$$ but you will eventually get bit by the bug and will crave for more.

Rambro

Established Member
Just remember its Never enough and you will always want more. FYI, ported blower is bang for $$$ but you will eventually get bit by the bug and will crave for more.

It really is all about what you can afford. I got lucky and bought my port and supporting mods from my buddy when he went whipple and I probably won't lose any money on these parts.

Stage 4 ported eaton~ 450.00
Mafia~ 100.00
BAP~ 175.00 (I will sell this if I go return)
Nitrous kit~ Free, already on the car.
Return fuel system~ 1300? Maybe more or less
Don't know what injectors to get as of now, will depend if i go E85.

b_dike

Established Member
How much of a fuel system is needed for a combo like that. I'm planning on the same basic setup, but I want to have enough fuel for a 125 shot...

Users who are viewing this thread