Ported VMP 2.3 Dyno numbers

01yellercobra

Established Member
Yes he knows I switched to return style fuel system. I told him about the idle problem I’m having. He said the tune was good that it might be a vacuum leak but I didn’t have that problem before the swap.
Did he look at logs or anything? Gotta love when they jump right to the car is the problem.

504SVTCOBRA

Established Member
Did he look at logs or anything? Gotta love when they jump right to the car is the problem.
Yes he tried a couple of different things in the tune but the idle never changed. He’s a well known tuner on this forum that a lot of people use and everyone says he the best at tuning 03/04 cobras.

Davisenvy

Established Member
Yes he tried a couple of different things in the tune but the idle never changed. He’s a well known tuner on this forum that a lot of people use and everyone says he the best at tuning 03/04 cobras.
I dropped my car off almost 2 weeks ago. I'll report back what they find, if they find anything.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
No one cares as much about your car as you do. The odds of having things the way you want them goes up exponentially when you install the stuff yourself. I do understand that not everyone has the time, tools, expertise to do all jobs on your car but do what you can and you will generally be much happier with the results

IllCobra

Established Member
I just bought a ported VMP 2.3 from my buddy that never got a chance to install it on his Cobra before he sold the car. I did some reading, and asked a few people, and they all said to see the most from these ported small blowers is run high boost, so I plan on running a 2.8 upper and a #6 lower on E85. I have an L4 fuel system going in, a GT500 TB and elbow (also ported), VMP max effort intake, ID1300 injectors, and a few cooling mods. Already have LT headers.
I plan on installing the fuel system myself for reasons already stated here. Only thing holding me back is finding a VMP race incooler and 1" adaptor for a good price - almost bought one a few months ago but wasn't quick enough - and the time to do the install.
I plan on having 04Sleeper tune it since he did a great job on my 93 pump gas tune for my current setup - nonported 2.3. I would hope it at least makes 750whp SAE, but we'll see.
You should definitely go E85 and up the boost and see where you're at.

Users who are viewing this thread