Ported TVS

Cabbage

Established Member
Anyone ever ported there 2.3 TVS? Looking at Jokerz porting and considering doing it instead of a bigger blower. Any feedback appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wckdvnm

Established Member
Anyone ever ported there 2.3 TVS? Looking at Jokerz porting and considering doing it instead of a bigger blower. Any feedback appreciated.

Someone may correct me here but I don’t believe the Gen 2 2.3 TVS needs porting... the GT-500 and Gen 1 might be able to be ported.

Cabbage

Established Member
They definitely port any gen 1,2,3. I’ve already spoke to them just wondering if anyone has done it and if the gains are worth it. They claim up to 50hp is possible with ported intake and blower case.

wckdvnm

Established Member
They definitely port any gen 1,2,3. I’ve already spoke to them just wondering if anyone has done it and if the gains are worth it. They claim up to 50hp is possible with ported intake and blower case.

I’m just working off the old information as I heard there’s not much of any gains from the gen 2... now the gen 3 is a different story and is the reason for the Gen 3R... gen 2 cases were supposed to implement some of the changes made from gen 1 case porting.
Now intake manifold porting I heard doesn’t net much but I would agree it’s something that can be done if it’s apart as I can’t see it harming much.

Cabbage

Established Member
Thanks. This is what I was after. Actual experience with running a ported blower. Would you say the 25-50hp increase they claim is possible? Your cars moving too.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Someone may correct me here but I don’t believe the Gen 2 2.3 TVS needs porting... the GT-500 and Gen 1 might be able to be ported.
There isn't much difference between the gen 1 and gen 2 tvs 2.3. The gen 2 has provisions for egr and "possibly" a little better cooling. But I haven't seen anything factual showing that it runs cooler.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Soap

Established Member
Thanks. This is what I was after. Actual experience with running a ported blower. Would you say the 25-50hp increase they claim is possible? Your cars moving too.

I really can't give you an honest answer. My car hasn't been on the dyno, just street/track tuned.

--Joe

Soap

Established Member
There isn't much difference between the gen 1 and gen 2 tvs 2.3. The gen 2 has provisions for egr and "possibly" a little better cooling. But I haven't seen anything factual showing that it runs cooler.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

You are not wrong, and just for additional clarity, VMP added an "S" blade under the blower which separates the bypass from the main outlet. This forces the bypass air to go through the IC before being recirculated. The theory is that the blower would run cooler thus reducing IAT2's.

My TVS is a Gen 1 and I have no cooling issues. If your IC system is on point the Gen 1/Gen 2 difference is irrelevant., both will make identical power.

--Joe

Users who are viewing this thread