Ported m122 at 19psi and E85

asierra1

Established Member
I'm currently in the process of building up my home ported (posi) m122 swap. Yes I know the kb mammoth tb is overkill, but it came with the kit. I'll probably get the Vmp inlet as well. Decided to switch over to e85 to get the most out of the blower, but my curiosity is getting the best of me. I know I'm not the first person to run this combo (or similar) and I'd really like to get some rough power estimates from anyone who had any knowledge about the subject. Thanks in advance!

Few pics

quryre6u.jpg

e8ymyru7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone while avoiding NCOs

asierra1

Established Member
Previous owner failed when attempting to port it. I cleaned it up quite a bit, and just said f it when it came to dealing with all the scratches.

asierra1

Established Member
Haha well seeing as how I have only $900 into the entire setup, I think I'll be keeping it... Unless you wanna let that whipple go dirt cheap lol

lucheski

Established Member
I'm running an M122 on my car. I made 560rwhp on low boost 16psi on stock motor. I cracked the heads before I had a chance to turn it up. These blowers are capable of low 600s when ported. The highest I have seen one make was 620ish rwhp at ~25psi. I think the sweet spot is around 22psi boost stock motor.

Last edited:

lucheski

Established Member
M122 (GT500 blower) on a Terminator? - Page 99

I wouldn't think it is overspinning it. I run a 2.70 and a 6lb and see 25psi with no problems. Curious to see what the issue is. Was there any evidence of belt slippagenduring the pull? Hope you get it figured out soon.

2003 Cobra
Cobra Engineering M122 plate, POSI Race Ported M122, E85, 5-speed
POSI Ported Blower only #s 618hp 660ft/lbs ET- 10.21 @137 1.46 60ft
N2O #s 50 shot(.035 jet) 675hp 756ft/lbs ET- 10.04 @142 1.62 60ft N2O at the top of 2nd-4th

OH3BLKSVT

Screwed by the twins
Established Member
I'm running an M122 on my car. I made 560rwhp on low boost 16psi on stock motor. I cracked the heads before I had a chance to turn it up. These blowers are capable of low 600s when ported. The highest I have seen one make was 620ish rwhp at ~25psi. I think the sweet spot is around 22psi boost stock motor.

No kidding? that's awesome!

ctgreddy

Established Member
So since you're in the middle of this right now, what all parts are necessary?

asierra1

Established Member
M122 blower

Cobra engineering adapter plate

Cobra engineering bf hub or use an m112 snout

Dragon tb

Battery relocation kit.

Relocate and fab up new intake

There's a little bit of machining to get the blower feet to line up with the plate, but it's very simple.

I came across a thread by Jeremyalan and thought this would be pretty cool.

crazycarlo

Established Member
I wish I had the extra money laying around I may do this setup in the future as opposed to a whipple just because of the cost lol.

asierra1

Established Member
Cost and the fact that its a pretty rare setup drove me to do it. I got lucky and found everything super cheap. Even if you bought James hell's kit, it's still a very cost effective way of getting some hp. His kits only 650, and a used m122 can be found on here for like 400. Not too shabby. I'm just wondering if the 3.3 tvs will bolt up to the plate. That would be pure sex

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
Cost and the fact that its a pretty rare setup drove me to do it. I got lucky and found everything super cheap. Even if you bought James hell's kit, it's still a very cost effective way of getting some hp. His kits only 650, and a used m122 can be found on here for like 400. Not too shabby. I'm just wondering if the 3.3 tvs will bolt up to the plate. That would be pure sex

It should bolt up as it's made to be a direct replacement for the M122's :rockon:

stangfreak

Established Member
should be a pretty cool little setup. But if it were my car id buy a tvs if I were to keep it a eaton car so to say

asierra1

Established Member
As would I, but I purchased the kit before the tvs was released for terminators. Plus I have very little money in it.

Last edited:

04Mach1Blurr

1st GT500 M122 Eaton Mach
Established Member
Think it's an awesome setup and I was looking into this for my Mach as well. Same setup with your rr pulley and posi port m122. What size pulley is that? M112 snout with the adapter spacer for the pulley? I was looking to have a M122 2.65 upper or M112 2.76 upper with a 4lb lower. Also have larger plenum and single blade throttle body and see where it would go. Would be hoping for some 600+ hp/tq through a 5 spd / IRS.

Would like to do E85 but not enough fill ups around me

asierra1

Established Member
The snout is a m122 with the cobra engineering adapter Hub. It fits all bf pulleys. Mine is a 2.76 and I'll be running a 4lb or 6lb lower. The 2.76/4lb should be good for 18-19psi. I need to find out just how hard I can spin this blower before I up the boost.

Once the swap is complete, I'll post up some numbers and maybe do a write up.

so_r_crazy

Established Member
Its cool to see another doing this swap. Another benefit is the fact when you go to swap the blower its just like the GT500 where you only need to pull the blower and not the entire lower intake and I/C.

Here is mine, I am close to start up, just have a few other areas to address since I did an auto swap at the same time.

2012-12-20_17-32-06_690.jpg

Sent via talk to text...mistakes expected.

Users who are viewing this thread