Ported Eaton Install

04terminator04

Established Member
Installing my ported eaton, Just a few quick questions as im pulling my valve covers off to have them painted.

I noticed that pulling off the right side valve cover ( looking from behind ) the coolant lines for the heater core get in the way so i had to disconnect them :bored: (now my cooling system is open anything else i should do?) For the left hand side, i have pretty much anything out of the way but it just seems im going to have to pull my clutch cable out from the firewall.

Now with the ported eaton, i have also had my T/B done, i have a K&N intake but im now wondering as i do need the bigger MAF what would be the best to go with for a good price WITHOUT sacrificing power....if at all possible. I am also doing the bypass valve solenoid delete aswell...is there anyway to have it tuned out if anyone knows? or just leave it on and pluged in as to not set any codes off?

I do have 90mm Metco Idlers but no Aux Pulley...Should i get the 90mm Aux. pulley and do a new lower pully to build my boost back up to 14psi? or leave it and just gain my CFM from the port?

Heres a few pictures so far....looks very sad as im waiting a week for Intake gaskets.

IMG_0741.jpg

IMG_0742.jpg

IMG_0743.jpg

IMG_0744.jpg

IMG_0745.jpg

IMG_0746.jpg

IMG_0750.jpg

IMG_0751.jpg

IMG_0752.jpg

IMG_0755.jpg

04terminator04

Established Member
another quick thing...EGR delete...good idea at this time? If anyone can give me a link as to what i need to do, please let me know.

Spoolx

Established Member
There is a great how-to for EGR delete in the how to section.

You will get a EGR code and boost bypass code but they can be turned off with a tune. I just did it and it makes it look alot better.

Users who are viewing this thread