Ported eaton, comp cams, full exhaust, fuel system exected #s?

Wallace7666

Established Member
Im in the process of building my car this winter, I have the majority of the parts assembled and should have it done come springtime. Once complete, my 03 will have a stage 4 ported eaton, 2.8 upper and either a 4lb or 6lb lower (havnt decided how much boost I want, opinions welcome). Im assembling ported heads with a valve job, comp stage II cams and supporting valvetrain, stock bottom end. Accufab SBTB and matching plenum to JLT high boost. Shooting out through Kooks 1 3/4" headers w/ 3" collectors into matching o/r x pipe and bassani catback. LFP dual pass h/e and a Lethal return style fuel system w/ 60# injectors. I think thats it on the performance side, anything you guys think I should add fill me in. I was wondering what kind of power numbers I may be able to expect, any input is welcomed. Thanks!!

Phil'scobra

Established Member
My car made 560, I have mac long tubes and no head work with a 4lbs lower. My port was Posi, Not sure if that will make a difference. Everything else looks about the same.

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
Interested to see the answers on this, I'm looking to do the exact same build only on the 2v platform and E-85...

SVTMarkus

Established Member
I was actually speaking with my car club about this very thing. The guy we call him "Mr Pulley" lol kinda funny but anyway he said his buddy made like 559 with the cams, head work and similar bolt on's other then a 2.76 upper. I thought that was shockingly low but is seems kinda legit as the Eaton stills runs out of breath ported and becomes inefficient as well when over spun. I would imagine you would be touching 600 but maybe not? :dw:

Bigggy

Established Member
A dyno is simply a tool that can measure anything. Should be between 500-600, but the best way to know how fast a car his is the trap speed.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
TRBO VNM did a very similar setup to this way back in the day. The cams are the kicker here and what few folks running Eatons on Terminators modify with their setups. I believe he hit high 570's with his setup on a reasonably conservative tune.

BadBlue98GT

Established Member
I'm running a Stage 7 Steg port with 2.76" upper/4lb. lower combo and I'm making 493/506 at 17.88 PSI. I moved up to this from a Stage 5 Steg port with 2.76" upper only that made 487/446 at 13.55 PSI. Supporting mods include a JLT High Boost CAI, Bassani OR X, BAP, 60 pounders, and a MAFia. I would think with the ported heads, cams, and exhaust you would be solidly in the mid 500 range, closer to high 500's on corn.

Last edited:

Wallace7666

Established Member
Id be extremely happy with 550. Just an update, got my 3.73 installed but havent bolted the axle back up yet, waiting on my control arms to get here. I was also thinking about scratching the idea of porting the heads as ive heard it doesnt yeild much gain at all on our cars, any input?

axle3_zpsfd0cec62.jpg

axle2_zps344caabd.jpg

20140710_194526_zps32613586.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread