Ported cobra vs A10 Coyote

CustomX

Established Member
Finally got to run one of these 10 speed coyotes.

Cobra has a home ported blower on e85 & Coyote is intake/tune only on e85

(Don't mind the commentary from the coyote, I guess the outcome was unexpected)

Bonus footage, if anyone missed the video of me racing the C8 & GTR on FB here you go.

Last edited:

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
It's a home ported blower 2lb lower 2.80 upper(15psi) on stock manifolds & e85. It's made 538hp/568tq.

You may want to update your original post to include "upper and lower pulley" in your description of your mods (home ported blower on E85) so there is no confusion on what you are running.

stangfreak

Established Member
Those shifts are on point bud. Thats a fast cobra. And I see you have a good upper lower pulley setup. sometimes I laugh at some of the pulley combinations I see in the terminator section. 2.76 upper 6lb lower. 2.0 upper 30lb lower. They think overspinning the eaton harder and harder will make the car faster. They make one hit on the dyno, ice bags, fan, and think thats the number they are rolling around on the street with that aggressive pulley combo. all your doing is heat soaking that blower worse and worse and killin whatever top end. 2.8 upper 2 lb lower is perfect.

Venomous03cobra ran the same pulley combo on his ported eaton cobra full weight, and ran 10.8x. I forgot the exact the time and the trap speed. This was YEARS ago. His car went faster when lowring the boost on his eaton.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Awesome runs, your cobra moves for still having a ported eaton. Not going to lie, I was kinda impressed by the C8, especially for being stock.

CustomX

Established Member
You may want to update your original post to include "upper and lower pulley" in your description of your mods (home ported blower on E85) so there is no confusion on what you are running.

Sorry, 99% of people running ported eaton's are running more boost and different pulley combos. Didn't even think to ad it.

Those shifts are on point bud. Thats a fast cobra. And I see you have a good upper lower pulley setup. sometimes I laugh at some of the pulley combinations I see in the terminator section. 2.76 upper 6lb lower. 2.0 upper 30lb lower. They think overspinning the eaton harder and harder will make the car faster. They make one hit on the dyno, ice bags, fan, and think thats the number they are rolling around on the street with that aggressive pulley combo. all your doing is heat soaking that blower worse and worse and killin whatever top end. 2.8 upper 2 lb lower is perfect.

Venomous03cobra ran the same pulley combo on his ported eaton cobra full weight, and ran 10.8x. I forgot the exact the time and the trap speed. This was YEARS ago. His car went faster when lowring the boost on his eaton.

Thanks man! Lmao yeah it makes good power and IAT's are good with this pulley setup. I've done 1/2 mile racing with the car so I didn't wanna go to crazy and spin the crap out of the ole heaton.

I've been 11.01 @ 128 on some 315/35R17 Hoosier DR2's. Hoping to get down in the 10.8x range next track visit now that I have some 15's.

Awesome runs, your cobra moves for still having a ported eaton. Not going to lie, I was kinda impressed by the C8, especially for being stock.

Thanks! That C8 is very impressive and has beat some quick cars. I was hoping for a rematch because I can usually hook from a slow roll like that but I didn't have a chance to heat up my tires. He sold the car the other day.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
In an age where most guys opt to “tuck”, you go out to the streets with **** in hand... nicely done, OP. Nicely done, son!

0B0FA2FE-15C1-41CF-BD73-E6CC551A953E.jpeg

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I've been 11.01 @ 128 on some 315/35R17 Hoosier DR2's. Hoping to get down in the 10.8x range next track visit now that I have some 15's.

That mph is impressive as hell wow... very nice!

In an age where most guys opt to “tuck”, you go out to the streets with **** in hand... nicely done, OP. Nicely done, son!

View attachment 1641842

lmmfao wow..... ah hahahahahaha

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
Terminators still putting in the work! Love it!!!!! Love it!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread