Ported boss manifold question/vendor issues

JJ.coyote

Established Member
imagejpeg_0_04.jpg
imagejpeg_0_03.jpg
imagejpeg_0_04.jpg
imagejpeg_0_03.jpg
572899679.jpg
I purchased a ported boss manifold back in December from 1320junkie through Juggernautpower.com and I had finally received it after backorder on February 11 with a broken right side hose barb, that probably happened during shipping. I emailed juggernaut and they told they would send me a replacement asap, I finally received it today only to open it and the hose barb looks jbwelded on along with outside one of the runners. I messaged them telling the problem and they told me this

"The resin used on the runner is a reenforcement which is used as the casting is thin there and tends to be the first failure point. No one else has caught onto this but 1320 addresses it.
They say the fitting was repaired using the same resin as that and it's stronger then the plastic the intake is made from. He said he will gladly take it back if you do not want it as there are no more in sight from ford. "

They're offering me a refund but is this true or bs? I've waited a long time for this intake and I'm debating whether I should just install it as is ot just return it and hunt for another ported boss.

Stang Lover

Established Member
That wouldn't sit well with me personally. I didn't have that issue when I had a ported boss through Brett Barber (Air Flow Solutions). If it were me I would return it and get another one through someone else.

JJ.coyote

Established Member
Yea I wasn't very happy today seeing what they did, definitely wouldn't recommend getting any manifold from them after going through this but I might just take whatever partial refund they offer me and make it work. I'm just tired of waiting, and this is the only thing holding up my build.

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
If your car is N/A I wouldn't be too worried about it. If you added some boost to the mixture i'd be concerned with it not holding up.

Either way it looks like 1320 is willing to resolve the issue reasonably.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
I would send it back. The reason they used the resin on the runner is they probably ported it to far and put a hole in it. I would'nt be concerned about the fitting but that runner would have me nervous, especially holding up long term.

Either way it sounds like they are willing to work with you which is good.

MKMotorsport

Established Member
Yep, they took too much meat out there at the injector boss. I did my own (have other porting experience though), and it is real tempting to start going crazy in that area. I knew it would be thin there and went conservative. I'd consider that unacceptable and hack but I'm picky. I'd be worried after thermal cycling it the resin expands differently than the plastic and it will eventually crack off or open up a small vacuum leak which might cause weird tuning/running issues or worse.

Users who are viewing this thread