ported and kb cobras vs cammed c6z

dteal23

I like big butts
Established Member
im sorry . but i saw the cobra get spanked three times i dont call that hanging pretty good. good race . but the cobra got a ass whoopin put on him. we cant win the race all the the time , lol theres alsways going to be some always able beat ya on any giving day . nice race none the less

uhh the 1st 2 races were the kb cobra, the 3rd race was a ported cobra... the ported cobra was on the z's ass... wat are u smokin dude?

BLUEPSTU

Veni Vidi Vici
Established Member
I know the guy and he is making the hp that the vid states. Too much of a weight advantage. You can usually count on cobras needing about 100 more hp than a vette to beat it.

I think that Z had to be making more power than what it said in the video. 510 / 470 ? Good races nonetheless.

WeeZee

Member of NMRA
Established Member
Very nice whips and impressive. Those C6 Z06's are so bad ass and just fast when cammed & tuned. Those Cobras sound amazing and were movin out, cool vid

20-COBRA-03

Banned
from watching that vid... i have come to several assumptions... people don't realize that a 2.2 KB on low boost probably won't be as fast as a ported eaton car... KB's just don't make TQ... The KB cobra may not shift as fast as the eaton, but the guy driving the z06 can't shift for crap or drive for that matter... I heard the z06 tap the rev limiter a couple of times...:nonono: the guy driving the eaton car is definately the fastest shifter in these videos, but still not shifting very fast at all... he may have kept the gas pedal down, but didn't find the next gear much faster than one could speed shifting... if the guy in the z06 could drive, this vid would be more enjoyable :shrug:

PROCHARGEDGT

just pull the trigger
Established Member
how big is the cam in the Z? My buddies c6z laid down 520rwhp with just a CAI, LT headers, and a tune..through the stock catback. Good races btw!!

20-COBRA-03

Banned
edit... after going past the vid and reading the comments from those that participated in the race, i'll take your word for it that the driver in the z06 knows how to drive... i guess i should not jump to conclusions based on this video... i suppose that the audio could be slightly distorted but definately sounds as though the z06 is granny shifting, not double clutching like he should. in that case you guys both gave him a good run:beer:

GTkiller97

Established Member
from watching that vid... i have come to several assumptions... people don't realize that a 2.2 KB on low boost probably won't be as fast as a ported eaton car... KB's just don't make TQ... The KB cobra may not shift as fast as the eaton, but the guy driving the z06 can't shift for crap or drive for that matter... I heard the z06 tap the rev limiter a couple of times...:nonono: the guy driving the eaton car is definately the fastest shifter in these videos, but still not shifting very fast at all... he may have kept the gas pedal down, but didn't find the next gear much faster than one could speed shifting... if the guy in the z06 could drive, this vid would be more enjoyable :shrug:

WTF are you smoking dude:dw: I know all 3 of these guys and that guy in the Z can drive and the dude in the eaton can drive the piss out of the car, can't shift any faster than he does IMO...i've ridden in it plenty of times and i just don't think it's possible to shift any faster than he does. But i guess your a professional racer or something so your the master shifter :bowdown:

20-COBRA-03

Banned
WTF are you smoking dude:dw: I know all 3 of these guys and that guy in the Z can drive and the dude in the eaton can drive the piss out of the car, can't shift any faster than he does IMO...i've ridden in it plenty of times and i just don't think it's possible to shift any faster than he does. But i guess your a professional racer or something so your the master shifter :bowdown:

i'm smoking that good stuff, but yeah anyways i posted a second comment right under that one... after i read the thread. thanks for the inspiration to get to be the 'master shifter'... i didn't say anything about my ability... i just said that it wasn't the best display.

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
Good racing fellas.

Don't worry about the douch in this thread. They love to e-race.

Z makes 510 to the wheels. Cam, intake, tune. Thats all thats done. Has a great powerband aswell. There is another local cammed Z with the same cam that ran 135mph in the 1/4 w/ the exact same mods.

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
im sorry . but i saw the cobra get spanked three times i dont call that hanging pretty good. good race . but the cobra got a ass whoopin put on him. we cant win the race all the the time , lol theres alsways going to be some always able beat ya on any giving day . nice race none the less

go drive your ugly ass mustang.

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
That z made horrible power, I made the same power as him with NO cam, my only mods were Ported TB, ported intake, longtubes, exhaust, tune. Anyways good video, nice cobra's.

Um he has a baby cam (great powerband) w/ a intake and tune. You have more money in mods that he does.

Users who are viewing this thread