ported and kb cobras vs cammed c6z

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
nice races but the kb cobra and the ported cobra should have raced. that would have been interesting.

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
LOL, some of you guys crack me up because you're so blindly brand loyal.

The Z clearly wasn't even powershifting to pull away from these Stangs while still pulling away easily. The Z has an EASY 600-700lb weight advantage on a Cobra. I can promise you that Z wasn't trying as hard as he could and merely doing what he had to to win by just enough. Cam'd Z's have gone mid 10's on DR's with a good driver and gone high 10s bone stock.

And with each race, it only gets worse for Termy guys due to heatsoak. A 500rw+ Z will eat up Termy's any day of the week which better have a twinscrew to even try it. :)

kingcobra10

SVT God... Snarf
Established Member
im sorry . But i saw the cobra get spanked three times i dont call that hanging pretty good. Good race . But the cobra got a ass whoopin put on him. We cant win the race all the the time , lol theres alsways going to be some always able beat ya on any giving day . Nice race none the less

:i

blk03stang

Established Member
That z made horrible power, I made the same power as him with NO cam, my only mods were Ported TB, ported intake, longtubes, exhaust, tune. Anyways good video, nice cobra's.

markw351

Established Member
The Z06 and cobra are not even in the same class of car in any category other than american made...price, weight, design, nothing. I don't get trying to "compare" them at all, but the videos are cool. In the end though its still a $35K car vs a $70K car modded or not. For the record i think the C6 Z06s are the nastiest $70k car out there. As far as a "spanking", at 130 MPH that's probably 2 tenths of second apart at best.

Last edited:

jgheels2003

Established Member
Those are the types of results I would have expected with an intake/tune only C6Z. I would have thought a cammed one (from the setups I am familiar with) would pull even harder than that.

Dude in the ported Cobra sounded like he was powershiftin the **** out if it

mach5.0

Established Member
LOL, some of you guys crack me up because you're so blindly brand loyal.

The Z clearly wasn't even powershifting to pull away from these Stangs while still pulling away easily. The Z has an EASY 600-700lb weight advantage on a Cobra. I can promise you that Z wasn't trying as hard as he could and merely doing what he had to to win by just enough. Cam'd Z's have gone mid 10's on DR's with a good driver and gone high 10s bone stock.

And with each race, it only gets worse for Termy guys due to heatsoak. A 500rw+ Z will eat up Termy's any day of the week which better have a twinscrew to even try it. :)

I dont understand what you mean by brand loyal people we're simply stating that it was a good race. Yeah the c6z is an awesome car but for a ported eaton car to hang with one is pretty good. I didnt see you riding in the c6z so how did you know he wasnt going all out.

rw95gt

Yes, it's stock.
Established Member
Funny reading all the comments. I want to clear some things up. First the c6z is running the full stock exhaust and a smaller cam. I didn't see the dyno sheet but he is a honest guy. The c6z was giving it all it had and the the driver is a talented driver. This is his second z. The ported cobra and kb are both full weight and running the stock gears. The z had no passenger and the cobras had a 160lb passenger. The first race the kb had some traction issues. If this race happens again the roll will be lower and the z on sticky tires. The ported cobra raced a stock c6z the night before 2 times and beat him twice by a car and a half from 40 to 140. No video of that so you will have to take my word.

moot09

Established Member
Badass races! Kudos to the driver of the ported cobra. If you muted it youd think it was the same car lol

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
Funny reading all the comments. I want to clear some things up. First the c6z is running the full stock exhaust and a smaller cam. I didn't see the dyno sheet but he is a honest guy. The c6z was giving it all it had and the the driver is a talented driver. This is his second z. The ported cobra and kb are both full weight and running the stock gears. The z had no passenger and the cobras had a 160lb passenger. The first race the kb had some traction issues. If this race happens again the roll will be lower and the z on sticky tires. The ported cobra raced a stock c6z the night before 2 times and beat him twice by a car and a half from 40 to 140. No video of that so you will have to take my word.

Everybody says they're stock... :lol1:
I'm stock..
Stock Kenne Bell 2.6L, stock Griggs suspension, stock Brembo GT brakes.
Stock means a lot of things...

Drag racing.. Stock suspension means, stock location with modded parts.

So, what qualifies as stock?
Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread