port on high mileage cobra????

t56speed

Established Member
i have a high mileage cobra with a 115k on it. the car has just recently been pullied an im the 3rd owner it was pullied an tuned around 107k miles..
i was wondering if a port job would be a good idea or not..... the car has a .293 on it now. Should i go with a smaller pulley or should just keep the .293? also will i be able to get 500whp thats my goal. other mods include full steeda cat back with o/r xpipe an k&n cai. im wondering if im shooting too high or what kinda of power i should be expecting. oh an rwtd tuned it....

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
As long as everything is in good shape I don't see why you couldn't have the blower ported. A friend of mine has a Steggy stage 3, 2.76 upper, 4lb lower (I think), and a BA-2400 MAF. He made 493rwhp. He could have broken 500, but the tuner said he was running out of injector.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Do a simple compression check to see how things are. After that put a 2.8 Metco pulley on it with an aux idler along with a ported blower. That motor should be perfectly fine and there's plenty running around with over 100,000 miles with twin screws on them.

t56speed

Established Member
Thanks guys looks ima have to put this on hold. i swear not 20 mins after posting this the gf backed into my car today an took my door out so the port is gonna have to wait lol.
i guess bad luck just likes me an my cobra lol. thanks anyway i appreciate it soo much

Users who are viewing this thread