Pop While Turning at Low Speeds - GT PP

Budwise

Track Addict
Established Member
I've had this issue for a while now and my local Ford dealer is having problems getting it fixed. From a slow roll or a stop if I turn and have light to medium gas applied I get a pretty audible pop from the rear of the car that I can hear and feel through the floorboard. My dealership said they drove 2 other PP cars and didn't hear the same noise. They opened up the rear and the fluid was clean so they of course stopped there and said "lets just wait and see if a TSB comes out". Knowing this is a waste of time I contacted Ford Customer Care and found that the dealer told them that they drove other cars on the lot and they all did the same noise and louder than mine so Ford saw the issue was closed. They said to get back in touch with the dealer and figure out why the notes are wrong.

To me it sounds like a bad Torsen unit so I've been pushing to just replace it but as usual there is a lot of back and forth and wasted time with technicians who probably couldnt change their own oil. Anyone else have this issue?

myke hunt

Feugo
Established Member
I would check the subframe connections and the sway bar. there are about 12 bolts I would look at, 6 on each side you will notice them.

Budwise

Track Addict
Established Member
Got the Torsen diff replaced under warranty after fighting with them for a few months. It's as quiet as a mouse now and in swapping out the diff what I thought was MT82 whine was apparently part of the issue too and is now 90% gone.

Users who are viewing this thread