Pop Quiz!

JoeAsheville

Asheville NC-Bohemian Wonderland
Established Member
Originally posted by BABolt
Guys,
The idle speed control mounting boss is there it just has not been machined yet. Same is true for the vacuum inlet. Just needs to be machined.

Super. BTW, BA, this is just a portion of the inlet for the blower. The other half is actually bolted to the rear of the Eaton. It seems that this is only half of the equation...do you have any plans to design and market the rest of the story?

While this part by itself would undoubtedly show some gain over the stock unit, it seems that it would be completing the mod to carry this same thinking over to the actual blower inlet.

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Originally posted by BABolt
Joe,
I think that you may have to take a better look at your Eaton Supercharger. There is no other half that is bolted to the back of the Eaton. This supercharger is refered to as a side entry and that is all cast right into the case. You have several options you could port and polish the current Eaton or wait for someone to adapt the 140 cu. in Lysholm S/C to the Cobra. It will happen I just do not know how soon.

Now you're talkin' my friend!!! A 140cu-in whipple! Wahoooo, can you say more power with lower intake temps!

MJ

Soap

Established Member
Nice work Mike......since when did you start accepting credit :p

BABolt: Are you guys going to make a polished aluminum TB-MAF power pipe ("proPIPE") for the '03 like you did for the "L"??

When did you hire some help :rollseyes

--Joe

JoeAsheville

Established Member
Yep, BA, you're right. The M112 on the new Cobras is pulling from the rear, but it's cast as one with the main blower assy.

So, are there any dyno sheets with before and after tests of your new inlet(s)?

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by toofast4u
It appears all of the good posts are being screwed up by the moderators.
I think you'll notice that the posts were edited by BABolt, not the moderators...

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by Blue03Cobra
I think you'll notice that the posts were edited by BABolt, not the moderators...

It just seems strange that he would have gone back through and removed all of his posts. I am willing to give JDM or South Florida Pulley Headquarters my business for parts they sell competitively, but there are some parts they don't i.e. babolt and Rob Raymer's 3" exhaust kit. And keeping us from discussing them and comparing them against product that they do sell is locking us into an environment that limits competition and therefore I feel I will need to start going to other boards that are not as restrictive. Also I am starting to wonder if somebody would post "JDM sucks because" if it would be censored. Btw, there sites really suck right now as they both have very few 03 Cobra parts on there site especially JDM hasn't updated there’s in over 3 months and if its not on there site I am not going to buy from them.

I don’t want to be a pain I am just expressing my view and opinion. While you might not care if I stick around or stay there are probably others that feel the same. They might just leave also and the only thing that is going to do is degrade the site in the end.

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Not sure if this was the result of moderator intervention BUT a while back I posted the results of testing my latest product, the Afterburner-eFPC, and attached a dyno graph which documented how easily and predictably I was able to adjust air/fuel on my '03 with 2.93" pulley and bolt-ons. I emailed a bunch of people and cross posted the link to that thread on other message boards and everything was fine for a while. However, some time later (days had passed) the dyno graph was deleted from the original post but the rest of the post was unmolested. If this WAS done by the moderators or sponsors then I'd be very disappointed.

Sincerely,

Mark Chiappetta

coleman

Established Member
we all could very, very easily start our own board w/o these restrictions... but the downside could be that EVERY SINGLE advertisor might post messages... what to censor and what not to censor? that is the question...

i've got a linux box that doesn't get hit too much and has business-class broadband DSL 768/768 that only gets some Counter-Strike action every evening... just FYI.

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Originally posted by coleman
we all could very, very easily start our own board w/o these restrictions... but the downside could be that EVERY SINGLE advertisor might post messages... what to censor and what not to censor? that is the question...

i've got a linux box that doesn't get hit too much and has business-class broadband DSL 768/768 that only gets some Counter-Strike action every evening... just FYI.

Personally, I think that Corral.net has pretty good posting rules and moderators. They allow other vendors to post as long as what they post is informative and of technical merit. The do not allow blatant advertising. Non supporting vendors are allowed to do GPs as long as a third party gets approval. Well, for more information, go over to Corral.net and read their guidelines.

Mark

JoeAsheville

Established Member
Originally posted by coleman

COUNTER-STRIKE THREAD! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Good to know I'm not the only one who's afflicted. :beer:

coleman

Established Member
about the only two things i do lately:
read this forum and order cobra stuff
or
play counter-strike while awaiting my parts... :)

T3 Cobra

Back in DSG
Established Member
I hope you guys are wrong!!

Did BABolt consent to removal or did he/she do it on there own?

He/She has an 03 Cobra and is just as excited as we all are.

BABolt just happens to make some very nice products.

If BABolt consented or was asked to remove then that would upset me b/c I have considered this forum to be the WORLD of information and products for the 03Cobra.

just me 2 cents

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by mjchip
Personally, I think that Corral.net has pretty good posting rules and moderators.
You have to be joking. That's how I found this board, trying to get away from that place and those people.:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread