Poorboys Products

mustangvsix

4 point 6
Established Member
Hey guys, kind of a random questions but I went out to check my pile of detailing products as I am putting together a small order of a few odds and ends so i can clean the car up in the next few weeks and noticed my poorboys SSR line had separated and become very thin(watery). I live in phoenix, so it is crazy hot out in the garage so I think that has part to do with it.

My questions are:
A) have others experienced this?
B) shaking them vigorously for a few minutes ought to put the mixture back together, it may be a bit less viscous but should work the same, right?

I plan to probably use my Wolfgang TSR 3.0 but just want to know if my poorboys products are worthless at this point.

redrocket16

Established Member
Being in phoenix the heat will definately get to products. Different manufacturers will say different things. I am personally not familiar with the Poorboy's line so I don't know which product it is specifically, polish, wax or whatever it is so I'm not much help there. I say though if in doubt throw it out or maybe test it on a very small area.

erod

Established Member
mine seperate to, i keep them indoors now all year round, i tend to think that it will break them down a little at a time with to much seperating,

Beerdog80

Crazy Oklahoman
Established Member
mine does the samething here in Oklahoma. I just used it today. Just shook if up for a few and went to work. Didn't notice any issues with its performance. I've had other brands do it as well. Have not had a problem thus far.

John@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Separation won't have any impact on the effectiveness of the polish. Storing then in a warm/hot environment can as i've heard in the past.

Best advice would be to shake the life out of them, and try a test spot on the vehicle (or a daily driver you don't need to worry about the condition of the paint so much)

After that, store them in room temp. Separation is common and normal.

Users who are viewing this thread