Poor Spanky!! The story of my 2011 GT

19kobra99

Screwd by Ford
Established Member
Well some of you have probably heard that my car is at the dealership in service. Here's the story...... Sometime around May 10 I was coming home from work cruising south on 182nd St to go on Miramar parkway. The light was red so i was slowing down, but the as I approached the light turned green so I put the car in 2nd and gave a bit of throttle, the car responded but then kind of hiccuped... recovered and continued to pull strong. Just about 20 seconds later the check engine light came on. Well I got home and pulled the code, a P0300 randome misfire So I cleared the code and went to sleep. The next day or so the light came back on and the same code. Finally a day or two later, a P0308 cylinde #8 misfire. I knew that there was a problem. Well since my kids were coming to stay with me I kept the car parked and drove around in the CC. On June 6 I took the car to Maroone Ford of Miami. Well a few days or so later I get wind of a rumor from within our community that my car blew up because I was running nitrous I asked around and found out that the technician at Ford suspected me of running nitrous and called it in to Ford's internal technical hotline. Now that's bullshit!!! Everyone here that knows me, Knows that I've never sprayed any of my cars here in Florida. I went to the dealership and questioned the service advisor, apparently after looking at my engine and surroundings, the tech saw a "plug" in my intake tube and said there is wheere I had installed the nitrous. He was refering to the gay ass sound transfer tube. I had eliminated this gay piece of Ford engineering because I didn't like the "artificial" sound. Since the hose was no longer present I had to install a plug. I used a rubber freeze plug. Now on the firewall since there was a hole there too, I used a trunk plug. This is where the shit gets good. The tech and Ford's super engineering department, perform a battery of tests to find what modifications had been made to the car. Instead of trying to find out what was actually wrong with my car, they focused on how they can void my warranty. They looked high and low, for additional wires, drill holes for bottle mounting, all sorts of shit, THEY FOUND NOTHING!!!! The advisor called me several times to tell me that Ford hadn't made a determination on my warranty. After about a week or so, finally I get a call saying that Ford had approved to pull the motor and for the tec to determine if a long or short block was needed...... Then out of the blue a few days ago I get a call from the service advisor to tell me that Ford had sent and email to hault the repairs on my car I follow up and talk to the service manager and he tells me that something came up and that Ford voided my warranty. The explanation I got was that they "found" that I had an aftermarket program installed. No other details were given to me. Now I need some help from you guys, I'm gathering information of other cases similar to mine, I've filled a couple of complaints and I have to prove that mine isn't an isolated case, that others have had the same problem. There are cars our there that are running boost and no problems and there have also been completely stock cars that have had the misfire and Ford has swept this under the rug. I have a very very reliable source and he has info of other cars. Heck, here's something for you to think about before you guys start with the comments, Ford just released their Power Pak, comes with their "locked" tuner, a drop in K&N filter and high flow mufflers...... A customer up north puchased this kit had it installed and BLEW UP # 8!!!! Now he went to warranty and they replaced his engine.. This was told to my source by a Ford SVE engineer that works in the calibration department..... The motors do have a flaw, not all of them, just about 6,500 of them.. More to come

19kobra99

Screwd by Ford
Established Member
not the point, the tec and Ford never diagnosed the problem. They looked for a way to void the warranty. Car runs fine and has a very but I mean very slight exhaust stumble. The Magnuson-Moss Warranty act clearly states that for a company to void a warranty, the failure has to be determined, THEN association to the aftermarket part has to be proven....

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
If you know it all, get a lawyer and figure it out with him....
what do you want us to say "omg ford sux burn them down?" You gave us a one sided story with a lack of information. Im just trying to figure out if maybe they do have a leg to stand on...and with your response i have a feeling they will win because you are modded.

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
All im saying is ford put the tune they felt safest installing from the factory. If they felt the tune you installed was the safest, and it allowed for the most horsepower im sure they would have used it. From a business perspective you have to look at both sides.

JerryC

Established Member
Don't know it all!! If my car has a canned tune, the same you could have, and my car breaks and yours doesn't, what could be the explanation? My tuner has been in the game for a looong time and his "tune" didn't break the car. Something is wrong that the part failed. A little more background info. The 5.0 was a couple of months late to the party. The production was backed a couple of months.... Does anyone here know why??? I do. U.A.W. workers striked, after returning to work a small group of disgruntled workers sabotaged around 6,500 engines, what did they do you may ask. They installed ring up side down on cylinders 7 and 8. Now this may not be true, but it was leaked by a Ford employee. So maybe this can explain why some fail and some don't. All I'm saying is that something isn't right. Just because I have a street tune, Steeda CAI and mid pipe back exhaust making 402rwhp, my car shouldn't have had a problem.

I put an engine together once (while drinking) and put the second ring upside down on one piston. It burned a lot of oil, looked like a cropduster going down the quarter.

Odd thing is that it ran faster that way than when I re-ringed the engine later.

That was a long time ago, maybe the newer rings wouldn't do the same thing.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Kobra said:
Does anyone here know why??? I do. U.A.W. workers striked, after returning to work a small group of disgruntled workers sabotaged around 6,500 engines, what did they do you may ask. They installed ring up side down on cylinders 7 and 8.

Pure poppycock.

The province of Ontario spent nearly 100 million and Ford put up some 560 million to fire up the idled Essex plant to ready it for Coyote engine production.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8e_AiV08iA&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - ‪Long-Term Growth Plan for Windsor Ford Plant:‬‏[/nomedia]

Ontario Gov't, Ford Invest In Essex Engine Plant & PERDC

Mahle supplies the piston assemblies with the precracked rods in bins, similar to how they supply them for GT500 engine production to the Niche plant. They come from their Morristown, Tennessee plant. Again, the assembly is similar to that of the 5.4 as depicted below...

m5lp_0706_107_z+ford_mustang_GT_500+engine_build.jpg

Things don't get past QC as easily as you may think.

CPRsm

They will have to determine if what you did caused the problem to void it legally. That doesn't mean you won't have to take them to court. That being said I think it's ridiculous to ask a company to warranty anything that is different than when it left the factory.

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
Bullshit. Rings are made with a chamfer and a twist to them to scrape oil on the down stroke and increase wall sealing on the upstroke. Upside down rings would cause lots of blowby (as they wouldnt seal on the upstroke) and oil burn (as they wouldn't scrape on the downstroke, instead scraping on the upstroke, pushing oil into the chamber).

williesgt

Established Member
so did you or did you not have mods??? if you had a tune do you know how a tune works??? if you modded you vehicle blew up your engine and now you are complaning that ford wont cover the engine you modded under warrenty...they probably looked for mods because they havent had any failures with a stock vehicle...there has allways been one comon denominator...they would cover the ford tune under warrenty because they sell it with a warrenty they will not cover somone elses tune on your vehicle...if you have a bama tune they have a warrenty for there tunes if not start pricing some forged pistons and build it yourself!!!:beer:

drepka

Established Member
Sounds like you got busted to me by the "not the point" response:dw:.....you play you pay..pure and simple....dont be mad cause you got found out.:kaboom:

Charizard

Established Member
Just find a place where it floods when it rains, park it and forget it until the next day....

Users who are viewing this thread