Pony Trails prefunk! July 13th.

wythors

Needs a bigger garage
Established Member
Please sign up on this thread at Stangnet or PM me if you're interested.

mustang.gif

03CobraVertGrey

Screamin Banshee
Established Member
Hi Dave, I am not registered on Stangnet but I am planning on the cruise. I will be there in time for the 9:20 ferry but will pass on the breakfast. Thanks for the info. Looking forward to this! By the way, does the shelton drag strip allow convertibles?

wythors

Needs a bigger garage
Established Member
03CobraVertGrey said:
Hi Dave, I am not registered on Stangnet but I am planning on the cruise. I will be there in time for the 9:20 ferry but will pass on the breakfast. Thanks for the info. Looking forward to this! By the way, does the shelton drag strip allow convertibles?

Cool.

I forwarded your info on the SOVREN event to Bill and he's going to get in touch with you to get you set up.

My understanding is that anybody can race as long as they can pass a safety tech inspection.

Tylerb59

Established Member
You should have one stock.

Basically the idea is the battery is clamped to the base and not going to fall out of place. Just grab your battery and try to shake it -- if it moves you have a problem.

My stock clamp was loose last time I was at the track and the tech turned my car around in the staging lanes until I could get it tightened.

wythors

Needs a bigger garage
Established Member
Tylerb59 said:
You should have one stock.

Basically the idea is the battery is clamped to the base and not going to fall out of place. Just grab your battery and try to shake it -- if it moves you have a problem.

My stock clamp was loose last time I was at the track and the tech turned my car around in the staging lanes until I could get it tightened.

What he said.

As long as your battery isn't rattling around the engine compartment or held in by a bungee cord, you're good to go Chris.

03CobraVertGrey

Screamin Banshee
Established Member
Glad I checked my battery, it is very loose. In fact, the hold down bolt won't tighten. I didn't have time yesterday but I think the nut might be missing on the bottom of the battery tray if there is one. I can feel the bolt coming out the bottom nad it just spins and won't get tight.

Tyler, is this what happened to yours? Let me know what you did to fix.

Tylerb59

Established Member
03CobraVertGrey said:
Tyler, is this what happened to yours? Let me know what you did to fix.

Pretty much. I ended up taking it all apart (loosen and remove clamp) as simply re-tightening the bolt wasn't doing anything.

Inspect the threads and then in this order:

1) Slide the battery over towards the engine side of the tray

2) With the bolt inserted in the clamp, line up the bolt to the tray's threaded hole and finger tighten.

3) Verify the clamp is over the batterys lip (I have a red Optima) which the clamp will grab onto.

4) Tighten bolt. Remember you're torquing the bolt down to a plastic tray so easy with that.

Wallah.

Last edited:

CobraDDz

SVT Rookie
Established Member
Hehe, I just thought my battery was magical held in place since I didn't see any harness. I got luck last year when I went to the track for the first time and the tech didn't say anything.

Have fun on friday!

Tylerb59

Established Member
I hope everyone who plans on racing has a helmet. It would be unfortunate to drive over there expecting to line up if you don't have the gear and not get through tech.

In my opinion it would irresponsible to slack on standard NHRA street car class rules. If they allow convertibles to go down the track without a roll bar and helmet I'm going to be really surprised.

I'm convinced there will be more first time drag racers hitting the track which is going to elevate the potential risk for accidents to occur.
At the same time though I imagine there is a larger percentage of cars that are show queens who would never dare get hot tire bits on their quarter panels and not be racing.

Best of luck to everyone who runs some hot laps. I'll be watching from the pits. :)

Last edited:

wythors

Needs a bigger garage
Established Member
This event is "run what you brung, no helmet required". Update on the pricing: It's going to be $5 to get into the track for everybody and $20 for a tech card if you want to race.

Users who are viewing this thread