Pontiac Aztek designer Tom Peters designed the C8 Corvette - both ugly IMO

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
^He may be right. That one looks pretty good. lol
Although I will always love the look of the C6Z cars the most.

quad

Established Member
OP you have too much time on your hands. The C8 vett is sexy. The Tesla is hideous. But considering you dont live in the bay area you dont see these on a daily and all Tesla look the same.
I do have a lot of time on my hands you're right lol! I have worked 100 hour weeks in the past. I am done with those kind of hours. No thanks. Unless it is something I really like doing I won't do that again.

I do see both often enough since I don't live in a ghetto. A house in our neighborhood is on the market for $5 million lol!

I disagree about the Vette but if you think it is sexy no problem. For me the proportions and massing are off as far as aesthetics go. Look at this side profile. It is too short in the front and too long in the rear. I know this is due to the engine placement but not all mid-engine cars have these proportion issues.

There's also a lot going on there. Compare the side profile with the Nevera. Aesthetically the Nevera looks a lot better IMO.

The Tesla Plaid looks good from the rear IMO. The front is not as great but not terrible either for what it is.

714743.jpg

rimac-nevera-roams-london-3.jpg

Last edited:

quad

Established Member
Bottom line is that there are those here who love the C8 design, and there are those who don't like it at all). Many of those in the latter see the C8 as a radical departure from traditional Corvette design. That's a point to argue over, of course, but the C8 definitely took on an exotic look.

Years from now we'll be arguing over the ICE Corvette vs. the all-electric Corvette.
You're right Bob. Everyone has a right to an opinion and if some like it good for them!

I do think the C8 design is obviously a better effort than the Aztek. I was just a bit disappointed in how the C8 turned out and the rear and side profile bugs me the most.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I do think the C8 design is obviously a better effort than the Aztek. I was just a bit disappointed in how the C8 turned out and the rear and side profile bugs me the most.
I don't really like it much either.
Not too crazy about the pointy front end as well.

quad

Established Member
OP you have too much time on your hands. The C8 vett is sexy. The Tesla is hideous. But considering you dont live in the bay area you dont see these on a daily and all Tesla look the same.
Says the guy with over 17,000 posts lol!

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
One thing you guys are all forgetting, GM brass required the C8 be able to fit golf clubs in the trunk behind the engine..... when you look at it with that in mind you realize why the rear looks like it does. I also agree the C8 looks better in person.

Living in S.FL I see Teslas everywhere... to me the new Model S needed to look more different. Im not kidding when I say I see dozens and dozens of Teslas a day. The design needs a freshening.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
One thing you guys are all forgetting, GM brass required the C8 be able to fit golf clubs in the trunk behind the engine..... when you look at it with that in mind you realize why the rear looks like it does. I also agree the C8 looks better in person.

Living in S.FL I see Teslas everywhere... to me the new Model S needed to look more different. Im not kidding when I say I see dozens and dozens of Teslas a day. The design needs a freshening.

Yup

Believe it or not, the vette still maintains some semblance of practicality when compared against some of its rivals. That requires some compromises. No way they sell 25K+ every year offering anything else.

I know of people who have taken some of these 'other' sports cars on roads trip only to have to mail their luggage to their destinations in advance, because they can't fit even a small duffel bag in the car.

That's not the vette's winning formula.

Fat Boss

Established Member
He's no Camilo Pardo. Also, there's a really good business story why weird products from GM (like the Aztek) exist.

Funny you should mention Camilo. We caught up with him in the bar late night in Vegas at the Bash and he was entertaining the ladies by drawing... naked ladies lol.

80-camilo_pardo_2021_c0670f0d502104e54f11031823c1eaa4b2d89d55.jpg

Fat Boss

Established Member
A man of many talents.

My girlfriend and I attended a dinner in Monterey in August with the Ford brass including Farley and Thai-Tang where Camilo did a watercolor for the dinner guests and signed them all. I am having them matted and framed.

80-trans_ma_watercolor_975f2d51054d8ae0c14217b02166b214b451cf3b.jpg

DougNuts

'18 F150
Established Member
I'm also not a C8 fan. I thought it would grow on me, but it hasn't yet.

The overall proportions are great, very exotic, but once I look at the finer points (pun intended), it starts to look cheap. I told my wife, just today, that it looks like they had to leave design space for the higher trims and next model year. As mentioned earlier, wheel design and fitment leave a lot to be desired.

For the C9 - Soften up all of the points and sharp edges, paint the side scoops and give it a rear end facelift with an active aero duckbill/wing.

nxhappy

Established Member
sure the tails are meh ....but the rest of the car is sexy AF. Can't wait for prices to drop to 55-65k. If I have to wait 10 years **** it LOL.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I do have a lot of time on my hands you're right lol! I have worked 100 hour weeks in the past. I am done with those kind of hours. No thanks. Unless it is something I really like doing I won't do that again.

I do see both often enough since I don't live in a ghetto. A house in our neighborhood is on the market for $5 million lol!

I disagree about the Vette but if you think it is sexy no problem. For me the proportions and massing are off as far as aesthetics go. Look at this side profile. It is too short in the front and too long in the rear. I know this is due to the engine placement but not all mid-engine cars have these proportion issues.

There's also a lot going on there. Compare the side profile with the Nevera. Aesthetically the Nevera looks a lot better IMO.

The Tesla Plaid looks good from the rear IMO. The front is not as great but not terrible either for what it is.

714743.jpg

rimac-nevera-roams-london-3.jpg
That Nevera is sweet!!

01silverstang

Established Member
The C8 has some good angles and some bad ones, I think if they took the C8 and incorporated the curves of the C6 it would be much better.

Users who are viewing this thread