Tri Ax or Pro 5.0

• Tri Ax

Votes: 348 52.7%
  • Pro 5.0

Votes: 312 47.3%

• Total voters

silvercoffin

Established Member

I just did a search for this topic because after two seasons of racing, my Pro 5.0 is not working well. The spring is worn out most likely,, It doesnt come back to the left and just doesnt have the tension it used to to keep it in center. I have been shifting from 3rd to 2nd at the track....which I had only done twice ever...ive done it the past three out of five runs.... have to be real careful now...

I am debating whether to get another pro 5.0 because i think they should last longer.

What about hurst? I felt one in someones car and it seemed real nice.

RUgoinup?

We will NEVER forget!
Established Member
I just ordered my Tri-Ax and MGW T Handle. I already have the MGW shift handle.

I chose the Steeda over the Pro 5.0 after asking a reputable Mustang tuner in the Tampa area which one of the two he preferred, and he said he didn't like the Pro-5.0. He didn't elaborate but I will ask him again on Monday what he didn't like about it.

95 cobra vert

Established Member
I have the tri-ax, and i think it is awsome. The whole not missing third thing isnt complelty true. I havent tried the pro 5.0 so i cant compare but i do love my steeda.

FuryShift

You are slow.
Established Member
I had a shitnugget Tri-Ax, the handle broke in half during a 2nd-3rd one time, what a piece. I then went with a Pro 5.0, no problems in 3 years.

Brad

Banned
holy old thread batman.

Originally posted by FuryShift
I had a shitnugget Tri-Ax, the handle broke in half during a 2nd-3rd one time, what a piece. I then went with a Pro 5.0, no problems in 3 years.

That sucks to hear. I'm on my 3rd tri ax without issue. :thumbsup:

Crazee Horse

Established Member
You are suposed to shift with your hands Jethro not your feet. I have never broke a shifter either tri ax or 5.0 and until now had never heard of anyone else doing it!

RUgoinup?

We will NEVER forget!
Established Member
I noticed that the throws weren't much shorter after installing my Tri-ax. Says a lot about the effectiveness of the MGW handle that I installed prior to the Steeda.

icu812

GOT MILF?
Established Member
I got the pro5.0 ( it was in my 03 when I bought it) and I think its a piece of junk!!!
I've used steeda for many years and never missed a shift, so my vote goes for the tri-ax
I ordered me a steeda and when it arrives I'm gonna take the pro 5.0 target practicing

69cobrajet

333 Half Evil
Established Member
I have the pro5.0 shifter.I made some stainless steel bushings so I could use my factory handle with it.I had a pro5.0 in my 10sec.5.0 so that was what I was accustomed to. :burnout:

Blk 02

Established Member
Get the cobra bob gaskets, They really quieted down the tranny noise, And no more scraping RTV off the shifter.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Blk 02 said:
Get the cobra bob gaskets, They really quieted down the tranny noise, And no more scraping RTV off the shifter.
Yeah, I have to agree with you that they really do work well. :-D

Seriously, glad they worked out for you. That's why I do it. ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread