Tri Ax or Pro 5.0

• Tri Ax

Votes: 348 52.7%
  • Pro 5.0

Votes: 312 47.3%

• Total voters

One Fast Cobra

Established Member
FWIW - I was reading an article on the Tri-ax where the installer used a urethane (neoprene?) gasket between the shifter and the trans.

Yeap,
I used a ruber sanwiched between the shift levers and it worked...;-)

BAD03SVT

Established Member
i have felt them both in our cars the tri-ax feels way better. i have it with MGW handle. i love it. and if you having probs getting them i have them in stock and will cut you a deal. call me

1-866-50RESTO ext. 6555 name is Louis

wculver

600hp is not enough!
Established Member
2nd PRO 5.0 shifter I've had. It's a little hard to reach but feels indestructible and I never misses a gear. Should have been stock equipment!

DRIVINGLESSON

Established Member
I have had both in my 03. I like to downshift a lot when I drive and the pro 5.0 is better and smoother for that kind of driving. The steeda is a quality piece but didn't downshift from 6th to 3rd smoothly. Other then that both feel solid and are one of the first mods to do.

p.s. the pro 5.0 looks to have more attention detail in it's construction over the tri-ax.

cbrtrx

Established Member
I HAVE THE TRI AX ON BOTH OF MY MUSTANGS AND I LIKE IT. IVE SEEN TOO MANY PROBLEMS WITH PRO 5.0, BUT I WOULD GET WHAT YOU LIKE MOST.

Steel City

Banned
both are great shifters but i went with the pro 5.0 due to the fact that it's noise free. the triax was every bit as good but made way to much noise.

schropper

Established Member
I bought the D&D shifter that is in the May 04 of MMFF & could'nt be happier. I told the guy I was thinking of getting the 5.0 & asked what the differences where. He told me the theirs was basically a tri-ax, and that if you drove a car with each shifter you would'nt be able to tell one from the other.

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
I just installed the Tri-Ax and really like it so far but I need to to get my tranny fluid changed to take care of the notchy feeling in the trans.

BTW, the buddy who helped me install the shifter pointed out the fact that "Tri-Ax" upside down on the shifter base once it's installed. Does anyone know why this is???

mwaull

SVT VENM
Established Member
pro 5.0 with the steeda handle . . . had it in my first cobra . . . about to get it for my 03 i think

:rockon:

akaeric

Established Member
I had the Tri ax in my 03 Cobra before I tried the Hurst it wasn't to bad but the tri felt a little more sure. I have the Pro 5.0 in my 04 and like it alot the only thing is reverse is a little hard to find when its cold. I just used the stock handle on both it has a big rubber garment that goes between the shifter and handle and never had any noise with the tri ax and the 5.0. I agree with someone above the 5.0 is nice on down shifting the only problem is finding third from sixth I seem to find fith first then I can find third same with reverse when cold I find fith then its easy to find reverse just a close trans I guess

LCCOBRA

Established Member
I tried both and ended up selling the tri-ax for the pro 5.0 just did'nt like the feel of the ax but some do

frdmstnggt

Mine: Audi, Yours: Innie
Established Member
I personally think the Pro 5.0 has a shorter handle but then again I love my Tri-Ax even though it was stolen right out of my tranny. Bu the police recovered it and all I have to do is pick it up from them. I prefer Steeda (as you can see) because with the wins that they have under their belt you cant go wrong!!! :beer:

LCCOBRA

Established Member
Originally posted by frdmstnggt
I personally think the Pro 5.0 has a shorter handle but then again I love my Tri-Ax even though it was stolen right out of my tranny. Bu the police recovered it and all I have to do is pick it up from them. I prefer Steeda (as you can see) because with the wins that they have under their belt you cant go wrong!!! :beer:

:lol: I know it's not funny but how did someone end up stealing your Tri-Ax?

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
Well i got my tri -ax for $50, so it works for me. I have missed 2nd gear with it tho, :shrug: other than that I like the noisy sucker- gives the car a nice feel.

vennom

99/03 hybrid
Established Member
nobody has really said this but I have a steeda on my t-56 and a upr short shifter on my t-45, I love my upr a whole lot better. Not only is it easyer to shift but it feels shorter. It has the spring to move into the middle so you dont miss the 3rd gear. Try the upr its cheaper

Users who are viewing this thread