Poll: How fast will it go?

Poll: How fast will it go?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

69mach03

Established Member
I've got my '94 Cobra Coupe torn down and doing a few changes to the setup to say the least.
It's no longer a driver and will be used at the track only.

Old setup: 3300 lbs, un-touched stock 5.0 longblock, 1/2" intake spacer, JLT RAI, SCT tuned, BBK O/R X-pipe, SLP LMII, Eibach Pro-Kit, Maximum Motorsports C/C plates, BBK Full-Length Subframe Connectors (Welded), Welded Upper and Lower Reinforcements, CHE tubular UCA / LCA, CHE rear axle brace, Terminator Posi, 4.10 FRPP Gears, 26x10 Hoosier Slicks on Weld Pro Stars, M/T 4-ply (8-ply rated) Front Runners mounted on Weld Pro Stars.

Un-touched stock T5 w/ factory clutch, pressure plate, and flywheel

Dumping the clutch at 5500, shifting at 6000

Best numbers: 12.75 @ 106 with a 1.64 60 ft

New setup: 3100 lbs (estimated), un-touched stock 5.0 shortblock, AFR 165 Heads (58cc chambers, P/N 1399, stud-mounted RRs), Crane 1.6 RRs, Crane Roller Lifters, FRPP Hardened Push Rods, Anderson Ford Motorsport N41 Cam, TMoss Ported Lower Intake, 1/2" intake spacer, 30# injectors, 75MM PMAS Mass Air Meter, 70MM Throttle Body, Professional Products Balancer, Short belt setup with use of March Performance Alternator Pulley, Moroso Electric Water Pump Drive, Flaming River Manual Steering Rack & Shaft, Flowtech Long Tube Headers, Fabricated O/R X-pipe

Retaining the following mods from the old setup: JLT RAI, SCT tuned, Eibach Pro-Kit, Maximum Motorsports C/C plates, BBK Full-Length Subframe Connectors (Welded), Welded Upper and Lower Reinforcements, CHE tubular UCA / LCA, CHE rear axle brace, Terminator Posi, 4.10 FRPP Gears, 26x10 Hoosier Slicks on Weld Pro Stars, M/T 4-ply (8-ply rated) Front Runners mounted on Weld Pro Stars

Performance Automatic Built C-4 Trans with Reverse Manual Valve Body, Fan Assisted Trans Cooler, 3200 Stall Converter, PA SFI Flexplate

Launching at 2200 (estimated), shifting at 6200

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4/12 UPDATE

Finally got to debut the car yesterday at the track. Screwed around with the fuel injection tuning long enough and went carb. Installed a sumped tank, 120 gph inline pump with 8AN lines. Used a BORROWED 650cfm Demon carb. Edelbrock RPM Air Gap.

I'm going to order a Holley HP 750cfm carb and a Moser spool today. I floated the valves in the 1st round of eliminations (got away from me in the burnout box @ 7200 RPM) and may have hurt the posi unit a little bit on the buy back round. Going to try to re-jet MY OWN carb and get see what happens next Sunday. I'm leaving at 2200 and shifting at 6300. Traps at maybe 5700 with the 26" slicks and 4.10s.

New numbers: 12.14 @ 109.47 with a 1.744 60 ft

I've got to weigh the car again next week because I think I may have had a tire hanging off the side or I just can't believe this but... Last year it was 3305 lbs, yesterday it was 2970 lbs. Aluminum heads, EFI to carb setup, lighter fuel cell, Team Z k-member, control arms, coil overs, flaming river manual rack, removed the passenger seat, the radio, amps, center console. 335 lbs of weight savings!? I'm impressed.

Here are some pictures. Everything is current except for the valve covers. I removed the Anderson EFI covers and replaced them with some Ford Racing pieces so I could use an open breather on one side and a PCV valve setup on the other. Had some crankcase ventilation issues after doing the carb swap. Ah, and the ignition coil.

0406092200.jpg

0406092232.jpg

0412092048.jpg

P1070762.jpg

Last edited:

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
I'm thinking mid to high 11's myself. Why not throw in a tubular K while the motor is out?

69mach03

Established Member
I'm thinking mid to high 11's myself. Why not throw in a tubular K while the motor is out?

Honestly.. I'm out of money!!! lol

Next winter, I'll do the front suspension. Definitely on the top of my list after doing all of this... Or should I just put a tubular K in it and bolt on the factory a-arms for the time being? Would be a lot easier to put the matching arms on at a later date.. Hmm

Last edited:

BMF42

Drive it like u STOLE IT
Established Member
My vote is for low 12's. However who knows if you get on it the right way maybe high 11's. That would be awesome.

What was your average run on your old setup? I know you said your best was a 12.75

My94GT

Established Member
Honestly.. I'm out of money!!! lol

Next winter, I'll do the front suspension. Definitely on the top of my list after doing all of this... Or should I just put a tubular K in it and bolt on the factory a-arms for the time being? Would be a lot easier to put the matching arms on at a later date.. Hmm

you bracket race so i doubt it would really matter if your focused on just consistency. i would save the money till a later date and time and do it all at once

69mach03

Established Member
My vote is for low 12's. However who knows if you get on it the right way maybe high 11's. That would be awesome.

What was your average run on your old setup? I know you said your best was a 12.75

Average runs were 12.95 - 13.05 in the heat of the summer.
But it ran a string of 12.80's throughout the early and late months of the season.

you bracket race so i doubt it would really matter if your focused on just consistency. i would save the money till a later date and time and do it all at once

Just got off the phone with Dave @ Team Z -- ordered a whole k-member kit :lol:

69mach03

Established Member
We've got the exact same PA setup in our '69 with a 3000 "advertised" stall speed and it won't flash over say 2400. Or at least the brakes won't hold any more than that.

I'll try to push the converter as hard as I can without pushing through the beams.

And no go on a trans brake, fellas. I have absolutely no intentions to put a delay box in this car -- I'm a dedicated foot braker.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
And no go on a trans brake, fellas. I have absolutely no intentions to put a delay box in this car -- I'm a dedicated foot braker.

Well, put the transbrake in the car without the delay box.

You can launch on the 3rd yellow with the button and no delay.

I say this for 2 reasons,

1 you can still footbrake for most events. Track officials can tell if your footbraking or electronic braking.

2. It gives you the ability to run electronics class if a good event comes up and also will let you launch at max potential to see what it can really do.

However if you are a Really really good footbraker then number 2 may be null and void.

Personally I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it. lol

WillyBob98

First On Race Day
Established Member
Nice work man. My cousin's fox went 12.4's @ 110mph on drag radials with a h/c/1 setup (not as good as a cam you have, and he had a holley intake) and plus your running slicks. But you also have about 100-200lbs on top of his fox body, so im guessing low 12's. I dont doubt it could hit 11's though.

69mach03

Established Member
Should have it back together in 3 weeks or so. Then I'll data log it, have it re-tuned, and should be ready to make some passes in early March. I'll post the results!!

Users who are viewing this thread