Poll for restomod engine choice

Engine choice

• ‘95 Mustang GT with TFS heads and a matching cam, Explorer intake and headers.

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • ‘98 Cobra 4.6 DOHC with Aviator heads and the ‘98 intake cams.

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Foghorn

Established Member
I dropped this on the Fox body forum b/c technically it is one…just with two more doors.

I’m building a ‘84 LTD LX. I have several parts cars lying around and not sure what I want to do.

The car is intended to be a DD.

I already have a 2003 Cobra IRS installed (pending either bolting in or welding on the rear subframe brackets).

Trans will be a 2003 Cobra T56 with a F-body tailshaft housing and shifter to move the shifter back 3” (better ergonomics).

Front suspension decision is pending. If $$$ were no object, Griggs SLA with a MM K member, but the K member depends on engine…

‘95 Mustang GT with TFS heads and a matching cam, Explorer intake and headers.

or

‘98 Cobra 4.6 DOHC with Aviator heads and the ‘98 intake cams. If this route, still have to source an intake.

I think the power of either will be about the same ( shooting for 300 at the wheels).

Whatdya think?

13BlackGT

Established Member
I think that I would choose the pushrod engine with TFS heads. Much more room to work on it and simplicity. And they make great power. I really like my 91 notch with 5.0 and stage1 TFS heads, cam, and intake. I also have a coyote car and if you drop your 10mm it’s gone.

Mustang5L5

Established Member
I voted mod motor because the pushrod combo is essentially what I have. It runs great, but i kinda wish i went mod.

Users who are viewing this thread