Votes: 177 32.3%
  • NO, that would suck.

Votes: 372 67.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dkd58

Established Member
I've seen these Cobra R spoilers advertised and I am interested in finding out everyones' opinion from an aesthetic standpoint. However, I also want it for running the open road racing circuit in Nevada so it's not just for appearances. Thanks, Dave

Any other comments are welcome!

Last edited:

hj16

Established Member
IMO - the Y2K R wing only works on one car, the 2000 R. Thats it.

But, if you truly need that wing for downforce its acceptable.

dkd58

Established Member
Originally posted by hj16
IMO - the Y2K R wing only works on one car, the 2000 R. Thats it.

But, if you truly need that wing for downforce its acceptable.

When you say "works" I assume you mean visually as opposed to physically, right? Yeah, maybe it sends the wrong signal like, "I wish I had a Cobra R" or something. Well, I need a wing of some type. I figure the R wing was designed as a purpose-built wing for serious racing as opposed to some of the other ones out there. I would like to use a Ford Mustang part for ease of installation and fitment.

hj16

Established Member
Originally posted by dkd58
When you say "works" I assume you mean visually as opposed to physically, right? Yeah, maybe it sends the wrong signal like, "I wish I had a Cobra R" or something.
You hit it right on the head.

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
If you could find some way to mount an R splitter to the '03 front fascia, it would look awesome. But, without that front splitter, I don't think it looks quite right. As far far as functionality goes, I've heard those R spoilers create hella down force. So do the splitters, but you've got to reinforce the fascia.

dkd58

Established Member
Originally posted by SonicVenum
If you could find some way to mount an R splitter to the '03 front fascia, it would look awesome. But, without that front splitter, I don't think it looks quite right. As far far as functionality goes, I've heard those R spoilers create hella down force. So do the splitters, but you've got to reinforce the fascia.

Yeah, I think I kinda know what you mean. The car probably would need to be lowered a bit as well to get the right overall effect and benefit.

03cobrarocks

Established Member
I just dont like the 03 stock spoiler i think it is one of the worst things bout the car so should i get a roush spoiler or a saleen?

Chris C

Established Member
Originally posted by 03cobrarocks
I just dont like the 03 stock spoiler i think it is one of the worst things bout the car so should i get a roush spoiler or a saleen?
Im not a big fan of roush... i'd say a saleen spoiler.

dkd58

Established Member
Remember, the thread is about a Cobra R spoiler on an 03. Aesthetics aside, I was hoping to learn more about any significant engineering differences between some of the various spoilers and the differing effects they have on downforce. And for that matter, what appreciable affect does a spoiler make in handling, at what speed and/or performance level does the presence or abscence of a spoiler start to make a difference?

03CobraCCC

Wheaton Warbird!
Established Member
IMO........I love the stock spoiler......its so shelby reminescent.......I love it.... much better than my 99 SVT's wing.....

They say one of the reasons the 00' R can easily do 185mph is because of the splitter and rear wing...I think advertised over 30lbs downforce (?)...

R spoiler can sometimes and sometimes not be a bit ricey.....anyway i think u might need to buy a new decklid due to the stock spoiler drill holes........

dkd58

Established Member
Originally posted by 03CobraCCC
R spoiler can sometimes be a bit ricey.....anyway i think u might need to buy a new decklid due to the stock spoiler drill holes........

I hear you, but remember, the R was engineered to race right out of the box, like you said, that spoiler serves a true purpose = anti-rice. Although I recently overheard a kid say my stock chrome rims looked too "ricey", PUNK! Chrome rims and out-sized wings were around when that bald-headed fast and furious tattoo boy was still in diapers. One movie, excuse me and a sequel and these kids think they have a basis for an opinion. :lol:

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
I like the wing but with no apearance mods besides the wing it will seem a little out of place. As far as downforce goes anything will help over the stock 03 wing.

dkd58

Established Member
Originally posted by VenomousSVT
I like the wing but with no apearance mods besides the wing it will seem a little out of place. As far as downforce goes anything will help over the stock 03 wing.

Very cool website my bru-tha. I see what you mean about the fascia, good input!

hj16

Established Member
Have you thought about the Steeda Spoiler? Its very subtle, and also creates downforce.

Just a thought.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by SonicVenum

Why havent they brought out an R fascia for this car yet? Hell if anything this car needs the down force as much or maybe even more than the R does.

I grew out of wanting the actual R rear spoiler over the stock 03 spoiler... However when you drive a 400+hp car spoilers really cant be concidered rice.

Rice is a spoiler on a 180hp FWD car, in which they think the added weight from the rear spoiler will help there drive wheels acheive superior traction that might be lucky to see 100mph in its short life span if the owner of the car either has a set of abnormally large testicles or is just plain stupid. :rollseyes

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread