• Slightly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Um, what are you taking about?

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
On the Mustang Drag Day last Sunday at LACR, me and a buddy noticed that on about 4 out of 5 03s, including his and mine, the brake calipers were fading.

The caliper itself is no longer black, but has a white washed look to it. Some were bad, some were starting to go.

Has anyone else experienced this? I mentioned it to my service write and he said it was from overheating? I havent even gotten close to a road course yet. Could it be baked on soap from the carwash? Hot caliper + soap = :xpl:

Theyre made by PBR, same Australian supplier to Corvettes, Cobras, and newer GTs. I even had a Baer Track on my other Stang with no issues.

Dont have any pics of mine cuz Im at work right now, will try to post mine tonight.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Here's pics of my driver side front caliper :cuss:
pbr.JPG
pbr1.JPG
pbr2.JPG

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
~7,000 miles. No exhibition of fade on either of the front calipers...

03SoCalCobra

HIGH PSI 03
Established Member
Huntington Beach, CA (h), Culver City (w)
Faded slightly, but no where near that bad. Painting them the next free weekend I have.

TIP- Use a Dremel or simular tool and polish the letters on the caliper first. Then use a Qtip and some liquid car wax and "paint" the COBRA letters on the calaper, the blast the whole thing with some hi-temp bbq paint. After the paint dries, just scrap the letters with your finger nail, paint comes right off revealing shiny COBRA on a fresh black or red backround. :)

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Chemically etched? Any idea what kind of chemical? It appeared after I went to a car wash, maybe something there? How would both calipers be affected?

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by 03 DSG Snake
Chemically etched? Any idea what kind of chemical? It appeared after I went to a car wash, maybe something there? How would both calipers be affected?
Like whitewall cleaner or something.

Users who are viewing this thread