Politics and Marriage

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Wife was a Cruz supporter and Ive been Trump from day one. She saw the light, her problem was how he spoke.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
My wife and I are on the same page, which is, Trump is NOT the GOAT. Far from it.
You’re right. Reagan and Coolidge. I like the way you think...

The problem with today is that we’ve had asshats in office since 89. Everything that’s been done for the past 30 years is coming to pass(China, Russia, Iran, NK, Turkey...) and someone will have to fix it.

Last edited:

CV355

_
Established Member
My wife is more conservative than I am. We agree on almost everything except a few "single-issue voter topics" where I take the "ends justify the means" approach.

It doesn't mean I'm heartless, just protective.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
On some topics she's more to the right than me.

Didn't care for Obama, and liked Trump. Pro gun, and the rest of the topics I don't care about lol.

Russo

Unofficial Glass Tech
Established Member
sounds like you need to think of a topic at dinner time and begin to discuss it together and feel her out..

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member
Mine asked me who to vote for last election...her political views are zero, she simply does not care.

I've tried getting her interested, her response, why should I vote out one cheating backstabbing lying sack of shit for another?

Pretty much where I am. I try to get her interested, her eyes glaze over. Maybe it is just me...

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
How did that not come up in conversation before marriage?

Does not matter to me. I do not believe in voting status quo. I vote based on whom I feel is best suited based on my beliefs. I have voted three different ways in the last three elections.

sounds like you need to think of a topic at dinner time and begin to discuss it together and feel her out..

We discuss topics, not whom did you vote for.

Redacted by the Law Offices of John J. Garvey using the svtperformance.com mobile app

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
My wife has little interest in politics. She doesn't vote unless I really push her to do so. She did vote for Romney in '12 but refused to vote for Trump or Hillary and didn't have a clue about the 3rd party candidates.

She's right of center though not as far as I am. She's coming around to liking Trump more since she does want the illegals to stay the F out of this country.

Users who are viewing this thread