Polishing Ceramic coated wheels

Dip Dungles

Pew Pew
Established Member
Premium Member
My wheels have polished lips and they have been Ceramic coated. Can I go ahead and use a quality polish to clean them up or will I run into issues because of the Ceramic coating?

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
The lips oxidized? Obviously they need polishing. IMO: they should have been polished prior to being coated. This would give you protection on the lips for quite some time IMO.

Now, if you polish them you ARE GOING to remove the ceramic coating. You will have NO issues polishing, it will seem just like it always has, however, you will remove the coating and they will need to be coated again.

Hope this helps ya!

Dip Dungles

Pew Pew
Established Member
Premium Member
The lips oxidized? Obviously they need polishing. IMO: they should have been polished prior to being coated. This would give you protection on the lips for quite some time IMO.

Now, if you polish them you ARE GOING to remove the ceramic coating. You will have NO issues polishing, it will seem just like it always has, however, you will remove the coating and they will need to be coated again.

Hope this helps ya!

This helps perfectly. I was worried that the polish would interfere with the CC. I have no issue not having Ceramic because I’m debating on changing up the color over the winter.

Thanks, appreciate it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Hey Scott, just a "thanks" for all the advice you provide SVTP members. You da man!
upload_2017-10-8_18-38-48.png

Users who are viewing this thread