Police raid modified cars to generate revenue.

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
Ricers today, Mustangs tomorrow. If it works and people roll over for it they will keep expanding their confiscations until we're all driving whatever piece of crap is the approved car. And it will make a Prius look like a hot rod, you can bet on that.

Jim Snover

That makes me sad but true.
I'm surprised the insurance companies don't tag high HP vehicles like they did in the '70's.
It was the end of performance cars of the day.
The irony is most folks with great HP can actually drive the thing while some idiot in a Honda will take you with no questions asked.
Jeff

Starfox07

Formerly XR4turbo
Established Member
"Officers then began a warrantless search..."

That is absolute bullshit.

Amendment four:

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

"and interrogation operation of the 150 vehicles that were present."

Escobedo vs Illinois (1964):

"Suspects are entitled to confer with counsel as soon as police investigation focuses on them or once 'the process shifts from investigatory to accusatory' (interrogation)"

Hanging out with your friends in a parking lot, and not trespassing is absolutely NOT probable cause for this type of bullshit.

:fm:

Last edited:

GT_Jim

Established Member
We the people need to start addressing the Gonv't about this and the reasoning. It's not a free country anymore if you have law enforcement pulling stunts like this.

GT_Jim

Established Member
“Congress shall make no law respecting the establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the Right of the People peaceably to assemble, and to Petition the government for a Redress of Grievances.”
-First Amendment

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
“Congress shall make no law respecting the establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the Right of the People peaceably to assemble, and to Petition the government for a Redress of Grievances.”
-First Amendment
Reads nice but reality sucks.
Our forefathers had now idea what this century would be like.
Jeff

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
that is totally wrong but those import crowds have stolen parts a lot from stories i read.

Just like the hondas they crushed, had stolem motors and tran's(vins taken off and all)

G:342

Just here for the ride.
Established Member
that is totally wrong but those import crowds have stolen parts a lot from stories i read.

Just like the hondas they crushed, had stolem motors and tran's(vins taken off and all)
If I remember he bought a Transmission from Ebay and they pulled his car over and found the transmission and dismissed it as using stolen parts.

427Windsorman

Currently between Fords
Established Member
Reads nice but reality sucks.
Our forefathers had now idea what this century would be like.
Jeff

Yes, they did. That is why they documented so much to warn their posterity (us) of what to guard against. Unfortunately, people have been in a perpetual state of ignorance on these principles ever since education was taken over by government.

The knowledge is available to anyone who desires to learn, but it takes effort, a desire to learn, and a willingness to act upon the knowledge.

The framers of the constitution knew human nature as well as we do. They too had lived in dangerous days; they too knew the suffocating influence of orthodoxy and standardized thought. They weighed the compulsions for restrained speech and thought against the abuses of liberty. They chose liberty.
- Quote by: Justice William O. Douglas
(1898-1980), U. S. Supreme Court Justice

Emergency does not create power. Emergency does not increase granted power or remove or diminish the restrictions imposed upon power granted or reserved. The Constitution was adopted in a period of grave emergency. Its grants of power to the federal government and its limitations of the power of the States were determined in the light of emergency, and they are not altered by emergency.
- Quote by: Justice Charles Evans Hughes (1862-1948) Chief Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court

If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.
- Quote by: Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826), US Founding Father, drafted the Declaration of Independence, 3rd US President

History, in general, only informs us what bad government is.
- Quote by: Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826), US Founding Father, drafted the Declaration of Independence, 3rd US President

There is but one straight course, and that is to seek truth and pursue it steadily.
- Quote by: George Washington (1732-1799) Founding Father, 1st US President, 'Father of the Country'

A nation of well informed men who have been taught to know and prize the rights which God has given them cannot be enslaved. It is in the region of ignorance that tyranny begins.
- Quote by: Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790) US Founding Father

The foundation of our Empire was not laid in the gloomy age of Ignorance and Superstition, but at an Epoch when the rights of mankind were better understood and more clearly defined, than at any former period.
- Quote by: George Washington (1732-1799) Founding Father, 1st US President, 'Father of the Country'

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms [of government] those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.

That is just a few of the ideas, and warnings from our Founding Fathers..... They were not fools. In fact, they were probably the most enlightened generation regarding the nature of government, liberty, and freedom.

They understood that the present can be seen in the past, and that the future liberty can be kept safe by looking to the past for guidance and wisdom. There has been no event, danger, or threat in modern times that does not have a lesson from the past to educate us.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
honestly do not consent to an unwarranted search period whether you think you have something to hide or not, when it comes to traffic stops still don't consent, cops know they scare people with their power and they use this to get people to give them consent, btw know a lawyer in your state beforehand and have his card ready so when the police get pissed and start to hassle you more for not consenting....call your lawyer so he can give you one on one info on how to instruct the police to go walk off a short bridge

03CobraDom

Established Member
Oh really? not in my state yet....I pass emissions fine here

Philly, we might be able to pass inspections...but we can still get cited for modifications. I've recieved a ticket for "illegal modification of exhaust to amplify sounds" and "tires not same as manufacturers rec. size"

Last edited:

DriveNASCAR

AKA ColdFusion
Established Member
Total bullshit. This is what happens when corrupt administrators for a corrupt system decide they want more money and power: they start violating the individual rights of citizens.

Why do they need more power if they aren't racing? Using that logic they might as well make it illegal to manufacture and sell any car capable of exceeding the speed limit.

GT_Jim

Established Member
Why do they need more power if they aren't racing? Using that logic they might as well make it illegal to manufacture and sell any car capable of exceeding the speed limit.

As soon as they can find a loophole or create one in the constitution this will probably happen. This is when LEO's also need to stand up for what is right and wrong. It's high time LEO's be held accountable imo, just because something is law does NOT mean they are bound to enforce it. Most states have laws banning sodomy but we at STVP are always PIIHB, don't see LEO's attempting to enforce that do you? Unless it's a rape case anyway. This is selective law enforcement at its finest but you don't see anybody complaining about it. It's no different for car mods, any LEO COULD choose not to enforce certain things if they wanted. In some cases I know that LEO's do let some things go (or choose not to enforce certain things based on your good attitude) I once read "To serve and protect" on a police car...turns out the only thing he was protecting was his job and he was only serving the local Govn't and what they wanted done. The BS needs to stop somewhere dammit.:fm::mj::cuss: Oh and did I mention that if "We the people" tried to actually stop our Govn't from continuing on this path that we'd all be arrested and labled as "terrorist":fm:

427Windsorman

Currently between Fords
Established Member
As soon as they can find a loophole or create one in the constitution this will probably happen. This is when LEO's also need to stand up for what is right and wrong. It's high time LEO's be held accountable imo, just because something is law does NOT mean they are bound to enforce it. Most states have laws banning sodomy but we at STVP are always PIIHB, don't see LEO's attempting to enforce that do you? Unless it's a rape case anyway. This is selective law enforcement at its finest but you don't see anybody complaining about it. It's no different for car mods, any LEO COULD choose not to enforce certain things if they wanted. In some cases I know that LEO's do let some things go (or choose not to enforce certain things based on your good attitude) I once read "To serve and protect" on a police car...turns out the only thing he was protecting was his job and he was only serving the local Govn't and what they wanted done. The BS needs to stop somewhere dammit.:fm::mj::cuss: Oh and did I mention that if "We the people" tried to actually stop our Govn't from continuing on this path that we'd all be arrested and labeled as "terrorist":fm:

There ARE no "loopholes" in the constitution. There are only idiots that operate outside of the limits placed upon government by the constitution, and a general lack of knowledge / understanding by the vast majority of people in this country concerning the constitution.

Everyone in office (LEO's / military, too) take an oath. What the majority of them don't do, though, is honor the oath to the constitution over any other oath they take. For example, the military takes an oath to uphold, and defend the constitution from all enemies, foreign and domestic, but also one to obey the orders of the president. If the president gives orders contrary to the constitution, what do they do? Well, so far, it appears most obey the president, and ignore the constitution. Same goes for LEO's, etc. This, for the most part, is a lack of knowledge and understanding of the constitution.

As far as holding them accountable, you do not need a lawyer, you just need to educate yourself on how to do so. Quo warranto is one way to do so, but you have to know how to do it, when to do it, and why it should be done.

This nation needs a revolution, but not via an armed rebellion. It must be done through the courts, within the system. Unfortunately, very few people in this nation can motivate themselves enough to learn how to do so, let alone follow through. Most either do not care, are too fearful, or do not think they can make any difference. That is how a nation falls, and tyranny succeeds.

The most overlooked check and balance (and most potent one) in our system of government is the people. Unfortunately, the people have forgotten that, and forgotten how to be that ultimate check and balance. Instead, most sit back and complain about how wrong something is, but do not lift one finger to oppose the wrong.

Seraphus

I R ANDROID LEG!
Established Member
Wow, that's seriously dumb.

Luckily i have 5 close relatives who are either in law enforcement or are lawyers lol.

I would've told them to blow me until i had contact with my lawyer. Then i would've handed him the phone with my lawyer on it so he could tell teh LEO to blow me. :)

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
Wow, that's seriously dumb.

Luckily i have 5 close relatives who are either in law enforcement or are lawyers lol.

I would've told them to blow me until i had contact with my lawyer. Then i would've handed him the phone with my lawyer on it so he could tell teh LEO to blow me. :)
Oh, oh..
Be careful or you receive an infraction like me for speaking the truth.
2.87 per day
Trader Rating: (1)
Infractions: 0/1 (2)

Seraphus

I R ANDROID LEG!
Established Member
u mean on SVTP?

why? i'm not insulting all LEO's, like i said my relatives are LEO's but those particular ones that are basically breaking the law . . . so we can't insult crooked cops on here?

Users who are viewing this thread