Police raid modified cars to generate revenue.

Holes in your post. Lets pick them.

Searching the cars: IIRC probable cause (that may not be the correct use of the term) Is all that was needed. You can visually see a modified exhaust(on imports anyway). From that point its pretty much a go. Doesn't take much. Sure you could refuse to have them search. But what does that do for you? Make your night longer.

Private property: As long as the officers have permission by the owner of the property to be there, they're within guidlines. In an operation as such, that normally isn't a problem.

The street racing: It was never actually said they were street racing. I know stupid technicalities. The idea was put out there. BUt no solid statements.

From Article said:
Police issued a total of forty-eight tickets for "engine modifications" with police accusing the owners of the parked vehicles of being street racers

btw what is IIRC?

SVT4ME

Established Member
Just doesn't seem right. Going after people in a parking lot for doing nothing other than meeting fellow car members.

GR40Snake

Chief Financial Officer
Established Member
why don't they invest that into say, crack dealers and illegals - glad I don't live in cali.

Those things aren’t nearly as profitable. The state is in trouble and things like this generate huge amounts of revenue.

svtguy22

Established Member
yup same here, no front plate, tint, and loud exhaust. only thing i have got was 2 thumbs up from a bike cop

SVT4ME

Established Member
Just doesn't seem right. Going after people in a parking lot for doing nothing other than meeting fellow car members.

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
"If you're not into street racing, why would you need that?" Riverside Police Traffic Sergeant Skip Showalter asked an enthusiast during a similar crackdown last year. "Why would you want more power going to your car?"

Alot of people like myself do things to their cars to race legally at a race track? BTW any californians want to chime in and let us know what "engine modification" actually means according to the law.

Yep,
I just posted a similar thing on NorCalSVT.com.
We are doomed. The cash coffers walks, bullshit talks.
Jeff

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member

Right is not in the vocabulary for people just caring about money.
The State and counties came to the conclusion that, "Hell, we'll make money off these hot rodders."
Look I'm 53 and enjoy my Mustang. I'm not a fooking hot rodder but I love fast cars regardless of year or manufacturer.
It's business, not the law as you may interpret it.
Jeff

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
Agreed, but most (in fact, all other) states aren't as stringent.

That was funny.
Try to say that if you live in California.
It's a matter of time until Colorado has similar laws. Enjoy it while you can.
I love Boulder....
Some fine ladies there.
Jeff

Last edited:

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
Ricers today, Mustangs tomorrow. If it works and people roll over for it they will keep expanding their confiscations until we're all driving whatever piece of crap is the approved car. And it will make a Prius look like a hot rod, you can bet on that.

Jim Snover

That'll learn em to be ricers.

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
I'll say it again.. That'll learn em to be ricers.

The only problem is, where does it end?

It will spread beyond the ricers and all of us will suffer.
Stopping and searching without probable cause is serious. If those guys who got busted were smart, they'd get together and file a class action lawsuit.

tjs98gt

Established Member
Ricers today, Mustangs tomorrow. If it works and people roll over for it they will keep expanding their confiscations until we're all driving whatever piece of crap is the approved car. And it will make a Prius look like a hot rod, you can bet on that.

Jim Snover

if it comes to that you can bet ill be taking all my money i saved and getting the **** out of this country. but who knows if other countries are even better, might not even be worth it. they just want us all to be drones and slaves to them

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Well if that is not abuse of power, I don't know what is. That is simply total and complete BS. That is a serious violation of rights.

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
I never do, I have loud exhaust and no front tags either.

Also depends where you live in New Jersey, some towns are more strict then others for example Montclair, they do not let anything get by, my buddy gets messed with the cops all the time, but his exhaust is legal....

Users who are viewing this thread