po2135 code???

BigmotoXer

Established Member
2011 GT, Twinturbo, t56.
The description for this code is= "Throttle pedal position sensor switch A B voltage correlation".
I've been searching for a couple hours I'm not finding exactly what I need to know.
Driving home today I got the wrench light, and throttle what's not very responsive, and under heavy pedal the engine was breaking up. So I know the car is going into limp mode.
I pulled over, read DTC, cleared DTC, cranked the car made it a couple miles repeated the process until I made it home 6-7 miles away.
SHOULD I replace the throttle body? Is that necessary or do I just change the sensor (TPS). is the TPS on the throttle body therefore if I change the throttle body I will inadvertently have changed the TPS?
In short=
Car has 160k, I'll change everything for peace of mind, what all would I need to change to have all new positioning sensors, etc?

Any and all info welcome, at this point this is my daily driver (f350 is in shop) and I really need to get car going.

willief23

Established Member
sometimes the car will go into limp mode over bad gas. The tps sensor is on the bottom of the throttle body. you could try cleaning the throttle body itself and blowing air onto the tps sensor connection to possibly blow out any dirt in it. a can of compressed air would be powerful enough you dont want alot of air pressure on the sensor.

it could be a bad tps sensor or Faulty accelerator position sensor.

BigmotoXer

Established Member
I do believe the gas is good, 93 octane with torco accelerator. I will clean throttle body today and see what happens thanks.

Last edited:

BigmotoXer

Established Member
I see that you can purchase the accelerator pedal sensor/assembly.
But I do not see a TPS sensor, but I do see the throttle body assembly(which contains TPS)... So the TPS sensor is not sold separately, must purchase throttle body/assembly I guess.
So I will clean throttle body / TPS today and hopefully be up and running but with 160k Miles I'm going to replace the sensors anyway.

clinton2003

Established Member
Not a bad idea, but look for a used throttle body. Find someone that may have a low mileage unit that switched to a blower or something. Probably get it for 1/4 price. And it will most likely have less than 160k on it!

BTW thats awesome, when did turbo's go on? IF I wouldn't have gone 3/4 potato, i'd like to think I could have that many miles on my car. (had 57k on it 4 years ago, and just about 60k on it now.) I kept blowing up MT82's with my RXT and driving the piss outta the car, Hard shifts are not kind to them...

BigmotoXer

Established Member
Not a bad idea, but look for a used throttle body. Find someone that may have a low mileage unit that switched to a blower or something. Probably get it for 1/4 price. And it will most likely have less than 160k on it!

BTW thats awesome, when did turbo's go on? IF I wouldn't have gone 3/4 potato, i'd like to think I could have that many miles on my car. (had 57k on it 4 years ago, and just about 60k on it now.) I kept blowing up MT82's with my RXT and driving the piss outta the car, Hard shifts are not kind to them...

I build my own engines, my first build was at 40K and was naturally aspirated with mt82. I got 75k out of that engine, but it met its demise after a bad tank of gas while data logging my new TT kit. So I built my 2nd with TT and mt82. And I got 40K out of that engine, also as the mt82 #5 synchro were going out. So I built this last engine 15K ago and the Tremec T56 has 20K w/rst clutch and mgw shifter and WOT/No Lift Shift Box.

BigmotoXer

Established Member
I just wanted to follow up on this maybe it will help someone in the future.
I replaced the throttle body and the accelerator pedal assembly and no more po2135 code...all is well now. Thanks guys.

BigmotoXer

Established Member
... one last thing, you must do a throttle relearn after changing throttle body and/or accelerator pedal assembly otherwise your wrench light could possibly come on again putting you in limp mode. yes this happened to me. But after the throttle relearn all is good. Ok I'm done.

Users who are viewing this thread