Pmas

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Ive been tuned with Lund through Lethal Performance now since last September. A step up from my previous tunes, but the one thing I always noticed was coasting to a stop, my idle would go from a normal coasting 900-1000 rpm and flare up to 1500 rpm. Once at a complete stop it would idle back down to the wonderful Lund idle quality.

I guess I just got used to it. It always bothered me though. I never asked for a data log revision since I was on stock TB and blower with the JLT 123mm and 2.5" pulley.

I always suspected the JLT was the cause of that surging... and I was kinda proved right. I decided I had had enough with JLT and wanted to get a PMAS so I KNEW my MAF signal was as pure as it could get. A dirty MAF signal can effect all sorts of things.

Sure enough, with my new PMAS 120mm intake and damn Whipple Monoblade (notoriously quirky) all coasting surging is GONE. Car pulls like a raped ape when WOT and this is just on the stock M122 for my 2011.

From my PERSONAL experience, the PMAS lives up to its short but impressive reputation. Its ACCURATE and gives a clean signal. These kits should be selling for more than the JLT simply for this fact. Since they are new, and 1320Junkie has partnered with PMAS to produce the 149mm kit, I suspect that would explain the cheaper monetary price at the moment.

Make no mistake, the 120mm and 149mm PMAS kits are worth far more than they are being sold for. Get one before the inevitable market correction to its fair market value.

Jam421

Jam421
Established Member
OP...all I hear are great reviews for the PMAS 120.
I just messaged PMAS on their website seeking contact info for 1320Junkie.
If I can connect those dots.......JLT 148 ships back and it's PMAS 149.

RBB

Established Member
Check my post #17 on the first page of this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

07 Black Beauty

Established Member

I contacted him on here this morning about the 149 and he got right back to me

Turbo98GT

Mod Motor Mustangs
Established Member
tmp_15276-20746315_1442841055805259_1368273918180765648_o562694989.jpg
Pmas here, drives like a dream. Every pull, exact same maf reading. My 155 jlt was very inconsistent, threw it away

Turbo98GT

Mod Motor Mustangs
Established Member
Didn't do back to back pulls. If you get the DD149 tube, it's a true 6" intake. the 155 necks down significantly right before the throttle body. The PMAS kit also comes with a race filter and street filter. the race one is virtually see through and is for max effort racing.

Turbo98GT

Mod Motor Mustangs
Established Member
I will tell you that Lund loves repeatable maf signal while tuning. With the 155, it was very inconsistent and harder to tune

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks Jay, just wish mine was on the car already :(
I'll just keep looking at it in garage, probably going to spray it Sterling Grey and order some custom T-bolt hardware, but it'll be on the dyno before winter.
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Pmas here, drives like a dream. Every pull, exact same maf reading. My 155 jlt was very inconsistent, threw it away
If I just unbolt the JLT and swap on the PMAS will the car self tune?
I wouldn't do it for track, I'm just thinking for non-WOT street cruising.
Just wondering if you asked Lund if he had to make many changes or if the clearer signaled was all that was needed.
-J

sleek98

Established Member
If I just unbolt the JLT and swap on the PMAS will the car self tune?
I wouldn't do it for track, I'm just thinking for non-WOT street cruising.
Just wondering if you asked Lund if he had to make many changes or if the clearer signaled was all that was needed.
-J

MAF housing size is different so you will need to have Jon adjust the maf curve.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Lund no longer tunes me be as I went local; no disrespect there as I was happy with Lund.
I'd just prefer someone whose swapped themselves.
PMAS 149 to the JLT 148/155 maybe close enough that the computer compensates and runs better on the cleaner MAF signal.
-J

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Amazing to me that it took this long to figure out the JLT intakes were hurting your performance.
The 11 has had a Whipple " round " MAF on it since 2012, & the 14 runs a FRPP 140mm " round " MAF since 2014.

Last edited:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Amazing to me that it took this long to figure out the JLT intakes were hurting your performance.
The 11 has had a Whipple " round " MAF on it since 2012, & the 14 runs a FRPP 140mm " round " MAF since 2014.
I hear what your say but in fairness the JLT is round where the meter is, just transitioning as it needs to clear cam covers.
But yes, the Ford/Whipple/PMAS is smooth metal for more laminar flow and also some include a bell mouth, which is what drew me to the PMAS.
The filter size and design, bellmouth meter, and larger upper tube transition all should give benefits.
We shall see how much on my car.
-J

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Maybe I'm missing something here, But why on Lethals Website does the one PMAS intake thats a 120mm MAF and cost 299 say it requires a tune, and the other 120mm intake that cost 399 says it doesn't need a tune. what the hell is going on LOL

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
The one that doesn't need a tune has a recalibrated MAF sensor that is plug and play. I'm not sure if it comes with the recalibrated MAF or if you have to send yours in to be recalibrated.

Users who are viewing this thread