PMAS tune required intake install and review

ArabianOak

Established Member
Installed the new PMAS tune required intake yesterday.

First I wanna say that I did feel a decent seat of pants difference. Specifically in the mid range. Nice sound too. I would say that combined with my Lund tune this car probably gained the advertised 15rwhp/tq as advertised and possibly a few more.

So for performance gains I am pleased.

Install was fairly easy but I did hit a few bumps and concerns. Could be my fault or could be design. I'm sure someone will chime in on this thread eventually.

Parts
Decent quality. Nothing to complain about here. HUGE FILTER! Lol.

Installation
Decent instructions via there website but not enough pics or explanation for installing coolant relocation bracket. I didn't know whether to put the coolant reservoir over or under the bracket. A simple pic of it installed would have solved that problem. No big deal but it adds time to install. I'm hoping I did it right by putting it above the bracket.

An issue I did have was the tightness of the throttle body rubber sleeve onto the intake plastic. It is incredibly tight and I was almost certain it was the wrong size. I did manage to get it on eventually in the 12th round of a long wrestling match with it. Again no biggie but I thought I would mention it.

Concerns
MAF location under the filter is one of my concerns. There seems to be a spot under there for it to hang out and fit but it's incredibly close and touching the housing as seen in the pic below. Anybody think that it will get pushed around in such a position and eventually break the MAF? I did my best to clear it but it's a very very tight fit.

Overall it's a nice piece with the advertised performance gain IMO. hope this thread helps. Let me know if anyone has any questions

Derek@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
FYI, there is no photo.

But to answer your other questions, the tank does indeed get mounted on top of the relocation bracket and the silicone coupler is definitely a tight fit on the tube that connects to the throttle body. Another member on a different forum had the same issue and PMAS posted a HOW TO video and you can see that even he had a rough time though he did get it on in about 20 seconds. If your picture is supposed to show the MAF close to the heat shield or something, you can move the housing in the coupler or move the coupler on the tube and rotate the MAF housing to position the sensor where you need it.

keesor

Does anyone know what the deal is with this intake now? I ordered one from PMAS a couple of weeks ago. The intake kit I received did NOT have the Velocity 120 MAF. It is just an aluminum tube with a rectangular notch cut out where a standard MAF slides in and protrudes into the middle of the tube. I contacted PMAS and the guy said he forwarded my email to someone to answer. Several days later I emailed again asking for a status and he said no one had responded, probably because they were busy getting ready for SEMA. He then said that he "doesn't think" they make that intake anymore, and gave me the address to ship it back to them???? WTH??? If they aren't selling it, why is it still on their website, with the pictures and description of a Velocity 120 MAF??? I don't understand why I couldn't have gotten an explanation on what the deal is, instead of just "I don't think we make that intake anymore". I don't really want to just get my money back, I just want them to send me the Velocity 120 intake system that I ordered!

Users who are viewing this thread