PMAS intake installed .. Maf calibrated .. still not a 100%

BH Tuner

Tuner in process
Established Member
Hey guys,

long time reader, newbie member ..

i'm new to tuning and have the SCT advantage softwere.

I own a 2014 mustang GT A6, the car was completely stock until i installed a PMAS intake ( Tune Required ) and they were kind enough to send me the MAF transfer Frequency data to update.

first issue i went through was that the tables they provided were 39 while they're supposed to be 40, so i had to look into a value file from HPtuners to figure the missing entry which i did.

i finished up the tune and loaded it up to the car, first thing i noticed was the weird surge between 700 to 900 RPM and the Afr one the display was playing around from 13.9 up to 15 ( doesn't happen all the times ), i cruised and the car was very stable which made me feel good, i did a 3rd gear pull up to 6250 just to see if there is anything and i noticed my knock sensor spiked to 1.0352 around 4850 to 5095 RPM and dropped to zero.

during the datalog, the Knock sensor showed negative value around -7.998 which is good as far as i have learned.

so my issue here is what am i doing wrong and why is the idle acts weird sometimes?

i'm still in the learning process and i learn something new day by day, so any information no matter how silly it is worth a million to me.

i'm attaching my 3rd Gear WOT just for reference.

one extra note: i'm using the SCT 93 octane basemap and i'm running 98 Octane on the car.

Attachments

• WOT 3.csv
    727.3 KB · Views: 164

BH Tuner

Tuner in process
Established Member
Alright here's the update.

i emailed don at lasota Racing ( a very Nice guy ) who helped me figuring out what to adjust.

and baam all is set, car pulls like hard and scary and all seems to be in order!

i did a 3rd gear pull and everything is perfect from AFR to Knock

BH Tuner

Tuner in process
Established Member
so it's been a long while since i made an update but i figured it's a good idea to do so one day if anyone who's in my spot knows what to do.

apparently the MAF frequency chart that came with the intake was one chart short and it was on the low frequencies which caused the rough idle.

the correct MAF Chart can be found on PMAS website as well.

anyways here's the good news:
i put the car on the dyno back in august (weather was super hot), but i was dying to finish my tune and to see how my tune works.

i did 4 consecutive runs ( 5-10 minutes between each run ) my final and best run the car pulled 393whp.

nyuk98GT

Established Member
BH Tuner,

Good work! Nice numbers, too.

Don is a good egg (I contacted him when I was tuning my '98 GT) - very knowledgeable, experienced, and helpful. He's a good writer, too, if you want to pick up one of his tuning manuals/books.

Thanks for the updates about your tuning experience. Somebody may have a similar issue with their tune and they can benefit from hearing about your findings. Last but not least, you get some decent satisfaction about tuning the car yourself.

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread