Plugs in PZERO

Charliesgramps

Established Member
Yesterday I noticed a small screw in one of my rear tires. I have a 2014 GT Track Pack with the factory Pirelli PZERO tires.

The screw is in the middle of the tire in the middle of a rubber block. Can this safely be plugged or do I need to replace the tire? I'm going on a trip (500+ miles each way) soon and want to take care of it before I leave.

bam2012@TBR

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
On my stock pzero's I got a screw in my tire the in the first 24 hours of owning the car. I plugged it myself and that plug held for 20k miles until I removed the tires and changed my wheels. I checked the tire pressure every Saturday and it was never under 1 psi below the rest of the tires.

Patch from the inside is a better option, but a plug done right is not too bad either.

Kyle55R

Established Member
A plug will be fine. I plugged my tire myself as a temp. solution, its been holding with no leaks. I am just trying to get the rest of this season out of these tires. A patch might be worth the piece of mind if the tires have a few seasons left on them.

13BremboGT

Established Member
Just plug it. I've already put one in one of my PZEROs and it's fine. I've done a TON of plugs over the years and have never had a problem with one. Is a patch on the inside "more correct?" Yes.

2k3Mach

Established Member
Get rid of the no traction pirelli junk tires... I never knew so many nails/screws were in the road. Those things are magnets for road junk. I had pirellis plugged about 5-6 times before 35k where they were replaced with goodyears. 42k mi and no holes yet! Yaaay

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread