Please say hello to Dundee

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
I have a silly question as I know nothing about these water lizards, but do they bite? How hard if so, to what size do they get to where you can no longer interact with them? What do you do with them once they’re too big? Throw them in the sewer? jk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ArabianOak

Established Member
I have a silly question as I know nothing about these water lizards, but do they bite? How hard if so, to what size do they get to where you can no longer interact with them? What do you do with them once they’re too big? Throw them in the sewer? jk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Depends on your skill level but they can cause real damage once they’re 3-4 feet long. Maneaters are normally over 8 feet long but the kid that got killed at Disney a few years back was attacked by a 3.5 foot gator. It didn’t eat him but it drown him and held on to him.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
Depends on your skill level but they can cause real damage once they’re 3-4 feet long. Maneaters are normally over 8 feet long but the kid that got killed at Disney a few years back was attacked by a 3.5 foot gator. It didn’t eat him but it drown him and held on to him.
Yeah, they like to bite, hold onto you, and then take you down deeper to drown. Not a fun proposition. I don't have a desire to own a reptile that big yet. Smaller snakes for now. Nothing over 7 feet yet.

ArabianOak

Established Member
x_0mb4t-tn-viqaz51t3sa2svpw-_nc_ht-scontent-ort2-1-jpg.161841

_nc_ohc-grveh8cjg30ax8tkngq-_nc_ht-scontent-ort2-1-jpg.161843

_nc_ohc-c6qxxe3sjhqax_-znbo-_nc_ht-scontent-ort2-1-jpg.161844

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
Where do you even buy these in the state of Illinois?
Then when it’s too big to keep what do you do? Donate to a zoo or would you get into trouble for possessing it?
Do you have to be licensed or have a permit to own these?

I know some states allow you to own an alligator with no permit.

My friend from Naples is originally from southern Illinois and he is the original lion king and I have the pictures and articles to prove it.
He owned pet lions but didn’t kill anyone. Yet.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I was wondering the same thing, Bruno. There are a number of finds using Google that make it pretty clear that you cannot own a "pet" alligator (or croc) unless for specific purposes. Here's one I found, among many.

Illinois law allows for the ownership of certain exotic animals, but that requires a permit and proof they're being used for educational or scientific purposes, Crowley said.

"From a pet perspective, Illinois is unique in restricting it. Many of the surrounding states, with the exception Iowa, actually allow the ownership of crocodilians, including American alligators,” he said. “Whether it's appropriate to own one or not comes down to the purpose of the animal and how it's being used."

ArabianOak

Established Member
Where do you even buy these in the state of Illinois?
Then when it’s too big to keep what do you do? Donate to a zoo or would you get into trouble for possessing it?
Do you have to be licensed or have a permit to own these?

I know some states allow you to own an alligator with no permit.

My friend from Naples is originally from southern Illinois and he is the original lion king and I have the pictures and articles to prove it.
He owned pet lions but didn’t kill anyone. Yet.
My croc is from Texas and my gator is from Florida. Yes, you need permits. Breeders won’t sell one without proof of permit.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
Lol. The gator returns to Florida once 3 feet. The croc is going to a local zoo pending further negotiation. I don’t kill them.

the-other-guys-gator-dont-play-no.gif
So the breeder takes them to Florida or you drive them all the way down yourself?
I’m not accusing you of anything just trying to learn the inner workings of the exotic pet trade.

ArabianOak

Established Member
So the breeder takes them to Florida or you drive them all the way down yourself?
I’m not accusing you of anything just trying to learn the inner workings of the exotic pet trade.
I have 3 business locations in florida and will drive it myself. Really easy to transport at this age too...literally put them in a tupperware container, damp clothe on the bottom and they can go for days with no issues as long as it's not too hot or cold.

i am looking at getting a hyena puppy when i am down there

jk...lolololol

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I have 3 business locations in florida and will drive it myself. Really easy to transport at this age too...literally put them in a tupperware container, damp clothe on the bottom and they can go for days with no issues as long as it's not too hot or cold.

i am looking at getting a hyena puppy when i am down there

jk...lolololol
Oh, man. I actually would have believed it. LOL. Cute little hyena puppy. I'm sure in your line of work you've seen/heard of some wild stuff.

ArabianOak

Established Member
Oh, man. I actually would have believed it. LOL. Cute little hyena puppy. I'm sure in your line of work you've seen/heard of some wild stuff.
yes, trained a huge ass wolf back in 2018...crazy crazy crazy experience. over 220lbs and wanted to eat me. lol

owner had a junkyard, tied it on a chain to an old car and would throw meat at it two three times a week to feed it.

took me 15 minutes just to get close enough where I felt comfortable, then i slowly connected a leash to its collar...any correction on the walk (tugging the leash etc) led the wolf to growl and push against me (taking my space).

after 20-30 minutes it calmed down quite a bit and i left unscathed. long story...haha.

Last edited:

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
yes, trained a huge ass wolf back in 2018...crazy crazy crazy experience. over 220lbs and wanted to eat me. lol

owner had a junkyard, tied it on a chain to an old car and would throw meat at it two three times a week to feed it.

took me 15 minutes just to get close enough where I felt comfortable, then i slowly connected a leash to its collar...any correction on the walk (tugging the leash etc) led the wolf to growl and push against me (taking my space).

after 20-30 minutes it calmed down quite a bit and i left unscathed. long story...haha.
In for pics!!!

Users who are viewing this thread