Please improve website checkout for Canadian residents!

EvilTwins

I can't find my pulley!
Established Member
I don't know why I haven't tried to provide any feedback on this sooner but after just completing another order I finally feel obligated to do so.

Frankly, I've never come across another website where it is more difficult to simply buy things and have them shipped to a Canadian address. Why is it Canadian residents need to jump through a bunch of unnecessary hoops to make a purchase? In this new age of internet purchasing convenience is key, it is the entire reason why so many people now purchase from a website rather than calling in an order.

99% of the time I know exactly what I want so I really don't need to speak to anyone, I would rather simply add the item I'm looking for to my cart and click and few buttons and have the order on the way to my house. Unfortunately this is impossible for me on your website. Please oh please can you tell me why?

Why is it you can't provide shipping estimates to Canada when so many other websites can? Having to call or email for a shipping estimate is just annoying. On top of that for some reason Canadian residents cannot pay with a credit card? Why?? Why is it I can only pay using Paypal or a wire transfer? Paypal from my experience are a complete scam. It's okay for use on ebay when dealing with other individuals but it's far from ideal. The "buyer protection" they provide is literally full of loop-holes and exceptions and the exchange rates they use are always very much in their favour which is quite annoying.

I really hope you guys are working on this even though it has been this way for years. I hope you are not forgetting about your friends in the north?

It's just that I want my parts and I want them now! lol

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
We understand what needs to be done and we are always trying to make it easier for all customers to place order, especially international customers. I believe it has more to do with our website template, which will be upgraded soon. I will forward this to Jonas since he is the one that handles the website and can better explain the situation as it stands at the moment. Thank you for your continued support.

j0ney3

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Twins,

There's actually a number of problems we have with international orders on the website, although I wish it were a simple fix. The first (and largest by far) is that Visa & Mastercard won't return AVS results for international credit cards, this means that we've got no recourse for chargebacks (which is why we only do Paypal or wires).

International ordering is one of the issues we're hoping to streamline on the next revision of the website and I do apologize that right now, it sucks :( I hope you guys up there in the icy north don't take it personally! We WILL make it better!

:beer:

EvilTwins

I can't find my pulley!
Established Member
Icy north?? wtf? lol

I just wanted to let you guys know how I feel about this. Don't get me wrong I have completed several orders through Lethal and I have always been pleased with the service and the people, but always having to call or email is a little annoying. There have been times where I have bought parts through other vendor's websites just to avoid the inconvenience and the wait. I'm sure that's not what you guys want to hear but to be honest I'm sure I am not the only one in the "icy north" that has done that.

I look forward to easier ordering in the future :)

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Btw, you can still technically order through the site. You add all the items to your cart, then you do a "request for quote" and it sends us your "order" and a rep calculates your shipping and sends you an email with the total and payment options.

Users who are viewing this thread