PLEASE HELP, whats this noise

ID3Racing

SVT FTW!
Established Member
OK today at work i left for lunch and on the way back from del taco (less then a mile away) i was pulling out to get to work and my car starts to act funny. it starts to make a shutteing noise then the car staled. i pushed it to work and looked at it, the batter was covered in the acid crap around the post. car would not turn over anymore. i went and got some oil just incase (i change my oil every 2000 miles, and i dont drive my car hard vary often.) so i checked the oil, and a bad smell came out and the oil (1,014 miles since i changed it) was low so i filled it and i jumped the car and it turned over but the bearings sound horrable, and there is this vary bad sound as i shut the motor off. not sure what it is but its a hissing zizzing kinda sound (sorta like standing underneth power lines) anyone have a clue what that is?

i dont wanna run my car till i get an idea of what this whole thing is. anyone have a clue?

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Change the oil. and have the oil you tok out of the engine analyzed. look at it carefully for contaminants.

Can you describe how it smelled? Being low on oil after 1000 miles to me is a cause for a bit of concern. With the car not wanting to turn over, you may have seized some bearings.

ID3Racing

SVT FTW!
Established Member
my plan of action is to seafoam the thing and change out the oil. should this make a major differance?

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
That's realyl a bad song. Before you go sea foaming the thing and running it hard change the oil.

One thing I forgot to mention was that you will want to cut open the oil filter and look for metal. If there's an abundance of metal in there it's pretty much a sure thing you've seixed up some parts in there, more than likely the rod bearings.

If that's the case you msot certainly won't want to run the car, you'll just do more damage. It will then be time for a rebuild.

ID3Racing

SVT FTW!
Established Member
i guessits time to sell the girl for what i can. shit. ill be checking that oil filter vary soon. im going to leave it here at my work tonight and se eif i could get a bottom end for cheap, i sell them for god sakes.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
agreed. It's probably more cost effective to repair then to sell. You'll lose more than you would paying for a rebuild.

Users who are viewing this thread