Please Help...Surging problem

Flyin '85

Established Member
OK spent a bunch of time searching but can't seem to find a thread that describes my problem.
I have an 04 and it has a low throttle surge and barley idles. What I mean by surge is that if you hold the throttle at say 25% in neutral it will rev to maybe be 3500 RPM .....fall to 2500 and back up to 3500 all while keeping the throttle in the same spot. It really sounds like it's loading up rich but it doesn't have any black smoke. It clean out it you stab the throttle quick but the part throttle stuff is a mess.
The other thing that is really wierd is that this right after I hit the throttle in 1st gear. The tires spun a little and the T/C caught it and it's been messed up since.
I have checked all the lines going to the bypass because I had the bypass hose come off my old s-trimmed fox and it acted just like this. I also checked the air filter and all the clamps on the CAI. I also took my Diablo and re-loaded the last tune....didn't help.
Any help you guys could offer would be great....

Here is the mod list
JLT CAI
Posi Ported Plenum, TB and Blower
2.76 upper
Magnaflow catted X
Magnaflow CB
Diablo Predator handheld
Afco Heat exchanger
Kenne Bell Boost a pump

Thanks in advance guys !!!!
Jason

Last edited:

Flyin '85

Established Member
quick ttt with update

Not sure if anyone is interested but I just plugged my diablo in and checked for codes, I got a P1000 "OBD system not ready" and P0720 "Input shaft speed sensor error"
Not sure if that helps but I could sure use some ideas:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread