Please help me value a 2011 Roush Stage 3 Mustang

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
I would LOVE some help figuring out value of a 2011 Roush Stage 3 Mustang GT (for sale at $30,000) that is fairly close to me. I know these cars are basically just a GT with added upgrades. I'd be very grateful for a little guidance. Thanks......

Car's listed on Craigslist, and here is the seller's 'description' of the vehicle;

"$30,000 - 2011 GT 6 SPD 16,000 miles. (Not a misprint) I bought this car (impulse purchase) from a ONE OWNER adult male, mustang enthusiast. This car is a 9.5 out of a 10. immaculate!!!!! I have put about 1000 miles on it. (Not beat miles either, as a matter of fact, I was petrified to take Trac control off. Everything on this car was done the correct professional way. The car has Shelby GT trunk lip, GT 500 "19" chrome wheels (new rubber), custom matte grabber blue stripes, Barton short throw shifter with Foose knob, ,JLT intake, lowered 1.5" inches,new Raxiom lights (all 6 lights)and Foose grill. Borla 3" full exhaust, headers,list goes on. Approx 575 HP, as this has the Rough Stage III Supercharger. This is not the car for a immature person as it is Dangerous & EXTREMELY FAST. Title at DCU. Owe less than 5k and I can pay it off if serious buyer is interested. PRICE IS FIRM..... NO TRADES PLEASE."

roush2.jpg

roush1.jpg

roush3.jpg

roush4.jpg

Recon

Established Member
Not a real Roush. Or someone foolishly took off most of the Roush parts and replaced them with other parts.
As Dave said just a GT with a Roush blower on it.

Sent from somewhere in the Twilight Zone.

Last edited:

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
I believe that is just a regular GT with a Roush blower on it. A real Roush has specific body parts, interior, exhaust, etc: http://www.roushperformance.com/vehicles/mustang-2011-5xr.html

Not a real Roush. Or someone foolishly took off most of the Roush parts and replaced them with other parts.
As Dave said just a GT with a Roush blower on it.....

Thanks guys! I haven't actually chatted with the seller yet. He had "Roush" in the headline, so I assumed it was actual Roush car..... NOT!

Thanks again for the heads-up! :)

Recon

Established Member
It's missing quite a lot to be a real Roush car, including individual plaques in the engine bay. One thing you can do is enter the last 5 digits of the vin on Roush's registry website section. Every and all Roush's are entered into the registry upon completion and before leaving their factory. The only thing you can't duplicate on a legit Roush vehicle.

Blackoyote

Established Member
$24-26k, depending on if it's a Brembo car and if it's leather or cloth. Anything more than that, and it'll sit on the market for years.

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
$24-26k, depending on if it's a Brembo car and if it's leather or cloth. Anything more than that, and it'll sit on the market for years.

And if it's NOT a real Roush, then what do you think it's worth?

Thanks

Ill_W1N

Established Member
Even if it was a Roush mustang it wouldn't be worth much more than 26k IMO. Atleast to anyone who realizes a Roush is still just a modified GT with some badges and body pieces on it. I personally wouldn't pay more than 21k for that car.

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
Even if it was a Roush mustang it wouldn't be worth much more than 26k IMO. Atleast to anyone who realizes a Roush is still just a modified GT with some badges and body pieces on it. I personally wouldn't pay more than 21k for that car.

Yeah, I gotta admit, after I (with you guys help) realized that this is not a Roush, I was thinking low $20's too. I feel sorry for the seller, LOL. I think he's delusional at $30k..............

I've been shopping for about two months now, and it seems as though vast majority of sellers are asking pie-in-the-sky prices for these 'toy' cars. Very interesting. The cars I have liked (at reasonable book-value prices) have sold FAST and I have just missed two so far.

Oh well, gotta keep shopping.

Potro-5XR

Established Member
That is probably a Stage 1, for 2011 they weren't any Stage 3's they were Roush 5XR's and only 150 made. I bought my 2011 5XR for $31,000 with 38k miles 2 years ago. It is the phase 2 kit 625hp.

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
That is probably a Stage 1, for 2011 they weren't any Stage 3's they were Roush 5XR's and only 150 made. I bought my 2011 5XR for $31,000 with 38k miles 2 years ago. It is the phase 2 kit 625hp.

Thanks for the pricing info! Very helpful.... :)

Recon

Established Member
It's unfortunate, but give it time you'll find the right one. I'm in a similar situation with a 98 Cobra. Wants way too much than the car is worth.

ldc1955

Established Member
I've been through the fair pricing drill on real Roush Mustangs a few times. The first thing I do is to look at the big *B*y Motors auction site for a variety or recent data points: actual sales prices for roughly similar vehicles that actually sold, maximum bids for roughly similar vehicles that didn't sell--but only where there are a good number of bids and bidders. An auction where two people enter fantasy lowball figures that are obviously $10K below what a car is likely worth are NOT a fair indication of the amount above which a majority of prospective buyers will not pay. It is the upper amount in a meaningful auction with numerous bidders and bids that gets you the latter value. That provides a general space within which to work. Doesn't mean you shouldn't pay a bit more for a car you really want, but then you go in knowing you are probably somewhat above what others would pay you for the same car were you to want to sell it instead of buy it. You can make minor adjustments in value for differences between the car you are interested in and the reference cars you are working with: a lower price for higher miles, higher price for lower miles and the same for things like specific equipment. Cars like the 427R often had generally similar optional Roush equipment packages but a few of those options, like the Big Brakes option, Roush interior, and certain optional wheels could add another $6K-$7K to the original sticker price when new and if those are on the car you are shopping but not on the reference cars you are using for pricing, then you need to add on accordingly. I generally have scaled the current price of the base car to its original list to get a percentage of retained value, then multiply that percentage times the list price of the additional high value options to get a reasonably fair upward adjustment. This should get you in the ballpark and I have found a fair number of sellers whose listed but unrealistic price hasn't drawn a buyer at least open to the logic behind offering a (sometimes significantly) lower price when it is based on recent real-world data for reasonably comparable cars. Your mileage may vary.

Recon

Established Member
Roush vin decoder would 100% confirm what the car is. Though I highly doubt it's a real Roush.

debit_free_2010

Established Member
No it isn't a Roush, The OP presumed a Roush Stage 3 where the ad lists it as a 2011 Mustang GT.

mustang GT, Roush supercharged - $30000 (LEOMINSTER)

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
No it isn't a Roush, The OP presumed a Roush Stage 3 where the ad lists it as a 2011 Mustang GT.

mustang GT, Roush supercharged - $30000 (LEOMINSTER)

Yep, that's the ad headline on Craigslist. I am not a Roush 'expert' by any means, so when I saw Roush in the headline and then he mentioned Stage 3 Roush supercharger in the body of the ad, I made the misinformed assumption that it was a Roush. But you guys straightened me out. Very grateful for that.

Users who are viewing this thread