Please help me pick an exhaust for 03/04 Cobra (video inside)

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
Aside from being all knowing? :D J/K Certain video's are asked about quite often so you get to know what cars run what combos.

Ok, fair enough... lol :beer:

I plan to run kooks LT's and O/R X when i get the $$$ to order some. Maybe i should just keep my bassani CB to see what it sounds like with them first. At that point, i can decide if i wanna sell it for a Mac CB.

Thanks for the info man! :rockon:

ttk53

Established Member
anyone have a video of mac lt's mac o/r pro chamber and mac 3"

my prochamber is on back order and I may just get a lethal X

svt2ner

Established Member
anyone have a video of mac lt's mac o/r pro chamber and mac 3"

my prochamber is on back order and I may just get a lethal X

[ame=http://videos.streetfire.net/video/2003-SVT-Cobra-with-Mac_68738.htm]2003 SVT Cobra with Mac Exhaust,,,In the Driveway - Car Videos on StreetFire[/ame]

brothmc

CobraGator
Established Member
prochamber and flowmasters

I have tried lots of different exhaust setups on my 99 cobra and my 03 redfire. I had a UPR o/r X that, in my opinion, was too loud and crackled at certain rpms. I found the best clean and deep setup was an o/r prochamber with delta flow flowmaster 40s. Perfect deep sound with good tone and no rasp/crackle wet fart sound. WOT is wicked loud but cruise levels are perfect and drone is minimal. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUFfmpKPJtY"]YouTube - 99 mustang cobra exhaust - prochamber o/r[/ame] Good Luck!

Last edited:

Jroc

Established Member
I have tried lots of different exhaust setups on my 99 cobra and my 03 redfire. I had a UPR o/r X that, in my opinion, was too loud and crackled at certain rpms. I found the best clean and deep setup was an o/r prochamber with delta flow flowmaster 40s. Perfect deep sound with good tone and no rasp/crackle wet fart sound. WOT is wicked loud but cruise levels are perfect and drone is minimal. YouTube - 99 mustang cobra exhaust - prochamber o/r Good Luck!

I agree Flowmasters and Prochambers go good together. So do Mac mufflers and Prochambers.

Jroc

Established Member
I think if you go with any chambered muffler with off road H or X or even prochamber you will be extremely happy. Any of them should give you the sound you want.

x2.

I like this car alot with a Prochamber, and a 2.5" Mac CB.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrJkWwQDIhI"]YouTube - 03 cobra with prochamber & mac 2.5in ss catback[/ame]

brothmc

CobraGator
Established Member
03 cobra prochamber and flows

Here is my 03 cobra with o/r prochamber and delta flow 40s
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5ouWtHdOeA"]YouTube - 03 cobra exhaust redfire convertible[/ame]
So far this is my fav setup

Last edited:

faststang87

Smoke Em!
Established Member
Anyone have a Magnaflow Catback with the Prochamber video? I am thinking about going with that setup on my Cobra than with the UPR O/R X.

Jroc

Established Member
Anyone have a Magnaflow Catback with the Prochamber video? I am thinking about going with that setup on my Cobra than with the UPR O/R X.

I have no video, but it sounds pretty good. I had that setup for a while before I took the Magnaflow mufflers out and throw some M55 mufflers in.

faststang87

Smoke Em!
Established Member
I have no video, but it sounds pretty good. I had that setup for a while before I took the Magnaflow mufflers out and throw some M55 mufflers in.

Cool man, I am really leaning toward this. How did you like the prochamber? did it fit well?

Jroc

Established Member
Cool man, I am really leaning toward this. How did you like the prochamber? did it fit well?

I love the Prochamber. It fits fine with on exhaust leaks, but it does hang low. You should jack it up B/F tightening it down. They really sound good with chambered mufflers.

I really like its design. A H-pipe is the best sounding midpipe IMO, but it does a poor job of equalizing exhaust pressures at higher RPM. An X-pipe on the other hand is a very smart design , and is the best way to equalize exhaust pressure, but generally I don't think they sound as good as an H-pipe. A Prochamber is a pretty unique design and you would think that having the exhaust gases going into its open canister would be a restriction, and cause drag, but many people claim that going with an O/R midpipe caused them to lose torque, but I've never seen anyone post low torque #'s with the Prochamber, and thats including me. My car makes great torque. Could it be because of my restricting exhaust in its chamber theory?

Last edited:

svtrookie

Established Member
What kind of X? And i see that. How do you know all of this? lol

Im beginning to think as much as i dont like the quality or the tips on the mac system, thats the sound i like. :dw:

I have Kooks L/ts, Kooks X, and a MAC CB. I hate the MAC rolled tips that come with their catback. However, you can order slash cut thin tips if you like the more stock look. Just tell MAC directly what you want if you order.

Last edited:

svtrookie

Established Member
Also, get the stainless system because the quality of the regular system is not that great.

Last edited:

MaCaNs

Filth, Flarn, Filth
Established Member
Forget the OP ;)

Wake the dead!!!

My fav....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CH_WXCThC34"]YouTube - 04 Kenne Bell Cobra - Borla Stinger catback / offroad x pipe[/ame]

faststang87

Smoke Em!
Established Member
I love the Prochamber. It fits fine with on exhaust leaks, but it does hang low. You should jack it up B/F tightening it down. They really sound good with chambered mufflers.

I really like its design. A H-pipe is the best sounding midpipe IMO, but it does a poor job of equalizing exhaust pressures at higher RPM. An X-pipe on the other hand is a very smart design , and is the best way to equalize exhaust pressure, but generally I don't think they sound as good as an H-pipe. A Prochamber is a pretty unique design and you would think that having the exhaust gases going into its open canister would be a restriction, and cause drag, but many people claim that going with an O/R midpipe caused them to lose torque, but I've never seen anyone post low torque #'s with the Prochamber, and thats including me. My car makes great torque. Could it be because of my restricting exhaust in its chamber theory?

Alright man thanks for letting me know! I think I a going to go ahead and do that exact setup. Thanks for all your help. :beer:

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
Hmm... Cant decide between the kooks LT's, Kooks X and Mac SS CB or the UPR O/R X and Borla Stinger CB. Both sound great but it different ways!

Jsko

Established Member
Is there anyway to get the mufflers from Mac? I have a Magnaflow catback but just want to swap out the mufflers. Looking at their webpage they don't have mufflers with same side In/Out only offset.

Users who are viewing this thread