Please help cobra is broke!

cobradude111

Established Member
My cobra is running horrible at low rpms. It runs good at WOT after brief hesitation. I have changed plugs and frps. Mass air is plugged in and there are no leaks around the throttle body. I am on my second tank of amoco ultimate and still no change. WBC shows car to be a little lean, but it smells rich at idle. Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks

svtcobra2k1

Dead Crawlin...
Established Member
wow...I have the same problem on my 01. I still have no idea what is wrong. I am just as clueless as you. I have done the o2 swap and the problem is still present.

DOHC

Just Mod It
Established Member
cobradude111 said:
My cobra is running horrible at low rpms. It runs good at WOT after brief hesitation. I have changed plugs and frps. Mass air is plugged in and there are no leaks around the throttle body. I am on my second tank of amoco ultimate and still no change. WBC shows car to be a little lean, but it smells rich at idle. Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks
Whats your mods?

cobradude111

Established Member
No check engine light on. Mods are 2.8, c&l meter, bbk long tubes and x-pipe, magnaflow cb,sct custom chip. I may have a header leak. Could this be my problem. I will post a pic of the old plugs, check them out and tell me what you think. Well nevermind...cant figure out how to attach a pic, but the plugs do look different on the side with the header leak.
thanks

BAD 2.3 TURBO

2.3 TURBO TERROR
Established Member
a49a9e.jpg
[/IMG] heres a pic of the plugs the right side is the passenger side plugs and the left is the drivers.

could a header leak "at the head" cause the one bank to run richer then the other side causing the stumble from idle till it builds boost? we fixed a few down stream of the front o2's and it improved some.but still not 100% :shrug:

Last edited:
MY car is doing the same thing...It idles kind of low.....Is rich at idle and runs bad every time I start off but runs great WOT....I have changed the MAf TPS IAT IAC And many different tunes...Nothing is working!

cobradude111

Established Member
03soniccobra01 said:
MY car is doing the same thing...It idles kind of low.....Is rich at idle and runs bad every time I start off but runs great WOT....I have changed the MAf TPS IAT IAC And many different tunes...Nothing is working!
What are we going to do man? I need a fix fast!

golstho

Established Member
my car did the same thing got some denso it22's and a better tune from johnny lightning performance...has run great ever since.

Users who are viewing this thread