PLEASE convince me!!

my01ws6

Established Member
Ok guys...It looks like I have finally got my 2001 Trans Am sold this Friday. I have wanted a 03-04 cobra since before I got my WS6 4 1/2 years ago. But something in the back of my mind keeps telling me to get something more practical, something that I can daily drive. (I have an 01 Sunfire I DD to and from work) I am torn between getting an 06 Evo or an 03-04 Cobra. Convince me why I should get the cobra over the Evo!! I mean I REALLY want the cobra but I dont want to be stuck paying for something I dont ever drive. I very rarely drive the WS6. It just sits in the garage. Thats why Im selling it. I just want a car that I can go out and have a blast every time I drive it. The only time I enjoy the WS6 is when im smashing the gas pedal. Convince me and make me believe that buying the cobra will not be a mistake over the Evo!!!

Last edited:

latemodelracer2

Boosted Beyond bolt ons
Established Member
Get the cobra...... but in the end you have to make the call. I love my cobra when I do get it out of the garage, sad part is that is very rare these days the way work has been.

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
You'll be in the same boat you're in now. The Cobra is fun (to me) because of how it feels, sounds and the performance it has. You should be have "similar" fun with your WS6, so if you're not I don't see you feeling any different about a cobra. You can DD the WS6 as well as the cobra, so if you're not enjoying the WS6 I don't see anything that would be different for you with a Cobra.

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
Dude just go drive both and see which one feels better as a daily driver. Your on a Cobra forum, your going to expect alot of people on here telling you to get a cobra.

tarheeltrooper

900 H.P. Club
Established Member
Dude just go drive both and see which one feels better as a daily driver. Your on a Cobra forum, your going to expect alot of people on here telling you to get a cobra.

Lol, well said. On another note, I will never do a mitsu turbo car again. Honestly man go join an evo forum and read thru problems they have then do the same with cobras on here.....basically do homework and research before jumping into a headache.

my01ws6

Established Member
I have driven both cars. I have driven a stock cobra, stock Evo and a 400whp Evo. The stock cobra didnt really impress me much. It was fast but didnt have that seat of the pants feeling. On the other hand my buddies 400whp Evo was crazy the way it pulled you back. Now the stock Evo I drove was ok but not anywhere near fast enough just handled real nice. Both cars I enjoyed more then my ws6.

346CamaroSS

Established Member
Hate to be the stereotype.. but I'd never even consider owning an import to mod up. Call me old fashioned but I'm going 03 cobra over the Evo any day.

Coming from an f-body guy: Personally, after owning a 4th gen and now driving the Cobra.. The cobra is superior in every way (i hate to admit it since I'm a die hard Bow Tie fan)

hinds04

Established Member
I have driven both cars. I have driven a stock cobra, stock Evo and a 400whp Evo. The stock cobra didnt really impress me much. It was fast but didnt have that seat of the pants feeling. On the other hand my buddies 400whp Evo was crazy the way it pulled you back. Now the stock Evo I drove was ok but not anywhere near fast enough just handled real nice. Both cars I enjoyed more then my ws6.

Take a ride in a 600+ hp cobra... decision made. Plus imports are just so gay. American muscle is the only way for me... ever.

Last edited:

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member

I have driven both and both were stock. To be honest, the Evo's suspension is so hard, I would have a hard time driving that daily especially if your traveling a long distance.

gabe1530

Banned
i dd mine to work every day. 30 miles round trip. i think its too fun not to drive and i think its one of the best purchases i have ever made. 32k miles for 14.7k.

you will get more hp from the mods on the cobra and it will hold its value 10 fold over the evo. not to mention it will be cheaper to mod... 1k in mods can easily get you 450hp.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Nuff.gif

vladSVT

KB FTW
Established Member
Its all up to you on what do you want. Do you want power/reliability? Or just a quick DD? Because the cobra will be faster, and its so much cheaper to make faster. I personally would take the cobra because you can have a 2.76 pullied cobra with 500rwhp and drive it daily without worrying about anything but traction, and you know its going to be a nice daily because when you mesh the pedal it will put a huge smile on your face everytime.

Quicktime_GT

Established Member
These are the two reasons I wanted one :

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8kkV1SFDBI"]YouTube - Snake Bite 2[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CH_WXCThC34"]YouTube - 04 Kenne Bell Cobra - Borla Stinger catback / offroad x pipe[/nomedia]

Teej281

Established Member
Driving a cobra is superior to driving a ws6 in every way. Better interior, better looks, better ride(thank you IRS!), moar powar, and cheap mods can do wonders. Do a pulley and exhaust and you're at upper 4xxrwhp range and you didn't hurt your gas mileage and you got more sound.

Coming from a GT owner, I swapped in an 03 cobra IRS into my car to improve upon the handling and the ride. The IRS rides sooooooo nice. The car as a whole is pretty much built to the hill factory as well. The motor can handle twin screws up to like 800+rwhp too.

Last edited:

2003cobraguy

Established Member
why do you need convincing? lol

look at people signatures in these forums, if that doesn't convince you...get the evo. im sure one of us will run into you eventually :)

Users who are viewing this thread