Playing around in a McLaren 720s

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
My friend took delivery of a McLaren 720S last Friday and had me over to drive it Sunday. I’ve driven a lot of cars over the years, but this one was amazing! Acceleration, braking, and cornering were great! Due to cold weather and OEM street tires, I wasn’t going to push it... he drove it harder than I, but I didn’t get much video. Here’s what I got. Hopefully in the spring, he’ll get a tire on it and I can get some better footage. From what he told me, they run the 1/4 mile in the high 9’s @ 150 mph in stock form.

bb83

I like gays
Established Member
I test drove one about a month ago. Absolute beast!

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I don't think they trap 150 but they're so ****ing fast I guess it doesnt matter.

low to mid 140s is what I read but yea... that car is buck ****ing wild for sure.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Not being facetious here, because I really don't know much about these cars at all, but what makes them so fast?
Light weight?

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Not being facetious here, because I really don't know much about these cars at all, but what makes them so fast?
Light weight?

Crazy light weight, mid engine (traction), great traction control, great trans, aero, and likely significantly underrated 710hp

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Crazy light weight, mid engine (traction), great traction control, great trans, aero, and likely significantly underrated 710hp
Yeah,........I guess that will do it!! lol
Thanks.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
My down payment was roughly a ford gt.
And not a primary house, which maybe makes it worse because it’s a house I’m barely using
rent the house out and let a prop management company take care of getting a qualified tenant/monthly rent.
No better investment than a house in a highly desired location.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
rent the house out and let a prop management company take care of getting a qualified tenant/monthly rent.
No better investment than a house in a highly desired location.

That’s what we are doing. The house rents over 200 days a year. It’s an investment house for us.

It’s a better move than a car, but videos like this don’t help. Definitely an amazing piece of machinery

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
However most Mclaren’s depreciate like crazy....regardless of performance.
They are more track than street. If I was looking for something in that price range, I can see why guys want a Ferrari instead. The interiors are spartan and the gauge cluster looks like an aftermarket digital piece.

I'm not dogging them by any means. They are incredible cars, but definitely meant for the weekend track warrior who occasionally drives it to coffee and cars.

Users who are viewing this thread