Plastic Trim on Carpet Edges (removing)

FKing1

Established Member
I want to install sound deadener under my carpet. How to remove the plastic trim at the door openings that holds the carpet down? Also plastic trim in front & behind the long sill piece.
Thanx,
Fred K.

OrangeSVT04

Gone in 24 Hours
Established Member
I assume that you're talking about the plastic threshold carpet molding at the bottom of the door jamb. All you do is pull on the piece starting from one end-it just pops loose by little friction clips that go into holes at the bottom of the metal jamb area. Easy as pie!
I'm not sure about the kickpanels and rear quarter trim at the front and back of the threshold moldings. I assume they just pull off, too. However, after you get the long moldings loose, get down there and look for any screws or retainers that you may need to remove. I've never taken these off; sorry. Hope some of this helps.
Vince

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
The sill plates along the door edge just snap off. Just get your fingers under them and yank them. The front kick panels have 1 long push pin going through each one that needs to be taken out, then just wiggle the kick panel out. The rear pieces, I don't know about since I've never taken them off.

Users who are viewing this thread