Plastic modellers,model railroaders and other meticulous hobbyists in here

bluebosss197

im did asbestos i can
Established Member
I wanted to see what you all do for fun at home other than cars! I personally do model railroading as my first hobby outside of automobiles. I run Rock Island stuff and just completed the loco posted this last month.

Anyways let us see what you do and post some pictures up!

IMG-20111129-00080.gif

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Do you have any other photos of your models? Any detailed layouts?

snaked

Attractive Member
Established Member
I have been doing airplanes and cars for the last 10 years. The most recent completed one was a Zero:

DSCF2283.gif

I am currently (sort of) working on a Ferrari FXX, but I left that in Oregon for now. School gets #1 priority.

04SVTF

Established Member
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FX1BPItDcDo"]Johnny Cash-Rock Island Line - YouTube[/nomedia]

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Might want to have this thread moved to pics n vids...

I used to do cars. These are some of the last ones I worked on:

American Iron Z28 Camaro
p1012640.jpg

P1013008.jpg

03 Cobra, based off the 99 kit:
PICT8244.jpg

PICT8246.jpg

myst2.jpg

99 Lightning for a friend
P1010012.jpg

P1011668.jpg

FSSNK

Established Member
I have been doing airplanes and cars for the last 10 years. The most recent completed one was a Zero:

DSCF2283.gif

I am currently (sort of) working on a Ferrari FXX, but I left that in Oregon for now. School gets #1 priority.

Nice work! A6M2 Zero with Pearl Harbor attack paint scheme.

snaked

Attractive Member
Established Member
Nice work! A6M2 Zero with Pearl Harbor attack paint scheme.

Thanks, man! I put a lot of time into that. When I was younger I would just whip them out as fast as I could. Made a lot of models, but none that I would really show anymore. :lol1:

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
Nice SD-40. I used to model the Chessie in N-scale. All my stuff had been packed up for 5 years, so I recetly just sold it all. Also, I tinker in the model cars occassionally if I find a model that I like.

bluebosss197

im did asbestos i can
Established Member
Do you have any other photos of your models? Any detailed layouts?
Here is a shot with a commuter unit on the tail of the freight unit on a local club's layout and then of my Union Pacific passenger fleet. I don't have a layout yet as I have a decidedly smaller house for the moment.
IMG-20111204-00090.gif

IMG00130_2.gif

DSCF2283.gif

Nice looking Mitsu. I haven't tried a plane as of recently. I have been dabbling in German tanks for the past couple of years though and have a P-47D and P-38J in the wings waiting to be worked on along with a balsa wood USS Missouri powered by a little steam engine.

Last edited:

bluebosss197

im did asbestos i can
Established Member
Nice SD-40. I used to model the Chessie in N-scale. All my stuff had been packed up for 5 years, so I recetly just sold it all. Also, I tinker in the model cars occassionally if I find a model that I like.

I went on a hiatus of model trains for a couple of years but just started back up a few months ago. It's definitely is an expensive little hobby but gratifying for me. Any chance you'd pick it back up sometime down the line?

snaked

Attractive Member
Established Member
Thanks, your trains look great as well. I know a few people that have some crazy dioramas for trains.

Users who are viewing this thread