Planning a dyno session

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
I've finally decided to schedule a dyno session. Since this is my first time to even see a dyno, does anyone have any suggestions for me? I do plan on doing some testing (I've got a 4 way autologic switch chip). I thought I might test first without a chip, and then with the a/f ratio spread that the chip offers (Byron@racesystems is trying to help me fix my drivability problems).

1. How can I tell if this is a good facility - what should I look for?

2. I can pay either $50 for 3 runs, or I can pay $75 for a one hour rental. Are these reasonable costs? (I figure I better go for the hour rental).

3. The facilty does have O2 sensors readings during the run. What should my air/fuel ratio limits be during the run so I don't hurt anything?

4. Can you tell you have detonation during a run looking at the numbers on the graph? How can you tell (besides hearing it)?

Any ideas on what else I can do, check for, or can expect would be greatly appreciated. I'm planning on going withing the next few weeks.

FordFreak4Life

Established Member
Where are you going to dyno at? I had my 02 Lightning mods installed and then dyno'd the truck at Delk Performance in Lebanon TN (near the superspeedway). It's a brand new facility and very nice. Those guys are great and are very knowledgeable especially with the mustangs. I would recommend them if you haven't decided on where to go. Just my 2 cents worth. 615-453-2300 is there number if you are interested.

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Originally posted by FordFreak4Life
Where are you going to dyno at? I had my 02 Lightning mods installed and then dyno'd the truck at Delk Performance in Lebanon TN (near the superspeedway). It's a brand new facility and very nice. Those guys are great and are very knowledgeable especially with the mustangs. I would recommend them if you haven't decided on where to go. Just my 2 cents worth. 615-453-2300 is there number if you are interested.

I was actually planning on Auto-Dyno, located in Knoxville. They are only a 30 min drive from my home.

Users who are viewing this thread