Plaid 1/4 mile with 3 different power settings

gofast15

Established Member
Yes , even your grandma can drive this 1000hp car , just have to set it to the lowest boost aka Chill mode LOL

car has 3 powertrain mode settings [ it's like a boost controller LOL] . From a Prius acceleration to a monster with 1 touch of a finger on the screen

Tests were done in the same location , back to back runs within few minutes of each other

Last edited:

gofast15

Established Member
What have you achieved as far as 0-60 on the street? Is it under 2?
Here , 1.99 with 1ft rollout as advertised by Tesla. That's on the street too
20211011_182713.jpg
20210923_194635.jpg

gofast15

Established Member
So it's adjustable from boring and slow to boring and fast?
it's more fun then most high hp rwd cars I've had before except the 720S [only car that can put the power down ] . My 600 -900rwhp manual Mustangs were useless on colder days , spin at 70mph if it was anything below 60F. No traction , rolling burnouts and limited usage got boring quickly. Not much fun when the car is useless on the street besides 70mph rolls , have to run drag tires and can be driven on warm sunny days only . they were garage queens just like most high hp rwd cars .So pick your poison .

For a weekend garage queen toy I'd definitely pick something else. If I have the urge to shift and listen to an engine / exhaust I take out my 69 Z/28 or 1 of the T/As once a while

When it comes to Plaid it's the best daily driver noting comes close . AWD , huge trunk , 5 seater , adaptive air suspension , 1020hp car that gets 350miles for $10, awesome tech inside , quiet and can rape 99% cars on the streets

Last edited:

raustin0017

Established Member
Hard to argue with the facts...that is bad ass. Amazing when you think about how easy it is to run 9.2 in the 1/4 mile and eat a cheeseburger at the same time.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I was looking at a model Y to replace my DD (i actually dont need since i WFH), but with self driving it would bring it to $60k. I think Ill take the plunge into a Plaid when a Plaid replacement comes and the Plaid is under 100k.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That is true! A lot of folks, though, with 700-1000whp Mustangs, would rather prefer them over an electric anything, and gladly struggle at times putting the power to the pavement. We all drive what we love, and love what we drive. (y)

gofast15

Established Member
I was looking at a model Y to replace my DD (i actually dont need since i WFH), but with self driving it would bring it to $60k. I think Ill take the plunge into a Plaid when a Plaid replacement comes and the Plaid is under 100k.
You don't have to pay the $10K upfront for the FSD , you can subscribe for $199 a month

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
it's more fun then most high hp rwd cars I've had before except the 720S [only car that can put the power down ] . My 600 -900rwhp manual Mustangs were useless on colder days , spin at 70mph if it was anything below 60F. No traction and rolling burnouts got boring quickly. Not much fun when the car is useless on the street besides 70mph rolls , have to run drag tires and can be driven on warm sunny days only . they were garage queens just like most high hp rwd cars .So pick your poison .

For a weekend garage queen toy I'd definitely pick something else. If I have the urge to shift and listen to an engine / exhaust I take out my 69 Z/28 or 1 of the T/As once a while

When it comes to Plaid it's the best daily driver noting comes close . AWD , huge trunk , 5 seater , adaptive air suspension , 1020hp car that gets 350miles for $10, awesome tech inside , quiet and can rape 99% cars on the streets

I was just playing. If you see my posts in your other threads I like performance EVs. The drama of a muscle car is fun but still slower just more of an "experience". I'd love a Plaid for a DD. I won't even take my car to work, show up reaking of e85 and hot oil (breather filters were a bad idea). Not a garage queen though. But I get it.

gofast15

Established Member
I went to drag strip few days ago. The attention this car got was crazy . I made 3 back to back runs while staging lanes were still empty, all the race cars weren't ready yet . Car clicked off 9.27 , 9.28 and 9.31 . Next thing I had a big crowd next to the car , people couldn't belive what this car run. All kinds of questions and asking for rides . So I was like an Uber driver LOL . Giving 1/4 mile rides to many people . I made like 5 runs with passengers, they were all 9.4
20211010_125316.jpg
20211008_183707.jpg

Last edited:

gofast15

Established Member
Run against C8 , HCI Camaro , V8 SBC S10 and few older muscle cars but that wasn't much of a races .

gofast15

Established Member
There was a very nice super clean fox body , I've talked to the guy for a while . I wanted make a hit against it bit he was having traction issues all night.
Anybody wants to guess the engine , transmission combo on that fox ?
20211008_201636.jpg
20211008_201656.jpg

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
I have nothing as far as an argument goes in regards to how fast they are. They just do not excite me. They could run a 5sec 1/4 mile and it would still do not excite me as much as a cammed 4V or ghost cam Coyote running 10s.

At the same time, I prefer wooden coasters beating the **** out of you in their rudimentary way over the speed thrills of a steel coaster.

The Thunderbolt, Jack Rabbit, Raging Wolf Bobs! Hell yeah!

Just my thing.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

68gtscode

Established Member
Impressive! For a few hundred dollars you could make the ICE diehards shoot in their pants… just add this and maybe rivet a 12” scoop from Summit on the hood-

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Run against C8 , HCI Camaro , V8 SBC S10 and few older muscle cars but that wasn't much of a races .

I think I just became a Tesla Plaid fan! LOL! Wow! None of those runs were anywhere near close. Wipeout! As expected. But to actually SEE the Plaid run is a big eye opener.

gofast15

Established Member
That is true! A lot of folks, though, with 700-1000whp Mustangs, would rather prefer them over an electric anything, and gladly struggle at times putting the power to the pavement. We all drive what we love, and love what we drive. (y)
For sure but many folks taking this wrong way . They're compering their weekend toys to Teslas. Teslas were build to be a nice daily driver that can also run hard

gofast15

Established Member
I was just playing. If you see my posts in your other threads I like performance EVs. The drama of a muscle car is fun but still slower just more of an "experience". I'd love a Plaid for a DD. I won't even take my car to work, show up reaking of e85 and hot oil (breather filters were a bad idea). Not a garage queen though. But I get it.
Cool , I had the same problem with my previous cars . Catless on E85 wasn't that bad , it still smelled but catless on 93 was horrible. My wife thought that there is something wrong with my cars .

gofast15

Established Member
I have nothing as far as an argument goes in regards to how fast they are. They just do not excite me. They could run a 5sec 1/4 mile and it would still do not excite me as much as a cammed 4V or ghost cam Coyote running 10s.

At the same time, I prefer wooden coasters beating the **** out of you in their rudimentary way over the speed thrills of a steel coaster.

The Thunderbolt, Jack Rabbit, Raging Wolf Bobs! Hell yeah!

Just my thing.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
If all you want is a fake cam sound, you won't even have to pay for a ghost cam tune . Tesla can do it for free

Users who are viewing this thread